Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling lonely.
I'm 30 years old.. disabled.. and have never had a boyfriend. I have a few gay friends who are very nice to me.. but i need something more. Each night I go to bed feeling lonely, and wonder if i will ever find a boyfriend. I'm in a wheelchair, and often feel like for anyone i'd be a burden. Still I'm hopeful. Just feeling sad at the moment, and needed to post it somewhere!

That is all. Tongue

Hello Tyrion, we know your story, and yes, we hope for you too that you'll one day find a boyfriend or someone to share your life with.
I have some positive news for you. Of course it's not your story, but our friend Joseph who was on here for a while and disabled has found himself a boyfriend. So there is hope. But it does take a lot and a lot of work and research and hope to get to that stage. Your situation isn't made easier by your particular disability.
I suppose you have carers, or your family around you. Do they understand that you are gay and in need of a boyfriend? The thing is they need to know before they can even start to consider meeting those needs. Have you come out to these people? Do they believe you? Some won't. Some won't even acknowledge that there is such a thing as a disabled gay man, but the truth is that there is, and probably there are more than they realise.
In the meantime, I thought I'd send you a virtual hug, since there's nothing much else I can do from here. Bighug Tyrion.

Do your gay friends know about how lonely you are too? Are they people you are in contact with in real life, or are they virtual gay friends?

Tyrion, I am glad you posted. I think back and remember dating a girl in a wheelchair, and it didn't lead to erotic love, as I'm really, REALLY gay. That said, it didn't make her any less attractive being in a wheelchair.

Best to you with your search for your mate.

And consider posting a smile in your avatar. I bet you have a nice one.

^ Excellent guidance from PA and HH. You may need to put some extra effort into connecting with others through social settings....but my advice to everyone is always the same. Get out there and meet guys in the real world.
Not just lovers...but good platonic friends as well.

There's nothing wrong with a good platonic friendship online either, if it's supportive, but these screens are not the end-all be-all of life's interactions. Meeting real people who can do real things for you is also important. That's why I was suggesting that Tyrion's carers were the first people who could help.

Hello Tyrion,

I can really relate to the way you feel. You mentioned that you feel hopeful and that's such a good and important thing to hold onto. That hope is what keeps us going. I think your changes of finding love are better than you're tempted to think and that the others here have very good advice. Don't give up! Smile