Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrapped in a twisted situation
MikeMercury Wrote:Go easy on him guys and gals. Five people have told him about his large paragraphs. That's four too many in my opinion. This is his first post.

Ok, no.

I personally I'm all up to offer advice (where I can) but reading walls of text is hard to do in any day you're not off work. But what if they need urgent help?

And that's the point. If someone is looking for advice then they should be aware that a massive text is off putting and that means, it's ultimately counterproductive to the goal they seek.

The site kicked me out before I was done reading it!

In this particular case there is plenty of unnecessary detail. Alas, some other folks don't give any detail. A middle ground would be nice.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Now, as for you [MENTION=23340]tmp5453[/MENTION]

You handled the entire situation poorly.

You were playing hot n cold cause you were insecure (understandable, but still not recommendable)

You based your decisions on the words of a third party. He is the only source you should've based your knowledge in.

You had a few chances of getting more aqcuainted to him considering he displayed a friendly behavior. You should have taken those and then, by getting to now him a bit better, you could have known what's his deal. Simple questions as "do you have a girlfriend" etc.

And last, you are indulging in too mich wishful thinking. Seeing everything he does as a sign of something because you have feelings for the guy is mistaken. You could be wrong. And that could be incredibly awkward if you did put all that into the letter.

And of course, adressing the things personally with him would have gone much better. You were too nervous to do it once, you should have tried again.

The situation now should be closed by talking to him alone. The can of worms is already open, so you can say simply, "sorry if it made you feel awkward but I like you and I thought there might have been some indications that you liked me" something like that. His reply will put an end to all of this. At the same time, do let him know that blabbing about it with everyone else for fun is immature and not a cool things to do.

So, now you known more or less how NOT to go about if something like this happens again. If he's like that guy anyway. Maybe you'll find some guy that's a bit more "obvious" or more forward with you, assuming you are showing yourself to be available.

But, keep your brain full with cold thinking and not overrun by emotions, so you avoid future problems.

Don't mind all the people criticizing your writing. For some reason people get really rude when one makes grammar or writing mistakes.

As for your situation it wasn't right for you to ignore him and it wasn't right for him to tell everyone about the letter. Both parties are guilty.

Try to learn from this.
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

Meebs Wrote:For some reason people get really rude when one makes grammar or writing mistakes

Pay attention, no one criticized the grammar or style but simply asked him to separate his texts into paragraphs.

Not that hard to do.

Keen on hearing the advice you have, to go along with the judgmental attitude

EDIT: Oh I see you edited there to add some advice too. That is quite nice of you J. Otherwise complaining about what the rest of us say and NOT even bother to read the post and offer advice yourselves is quite hypocritical no?

Insertnamehere Wrote:EDIT: Oh I see you edited there to add some advice too. That is quite nice of you J. Otherwise complaining about what the rest of us say and NOT even bother to read the post and offer advice yourselves is quite hypocritical no?

Don't worry I'm actually a big hypocrite most of the time. One of my many faults

Meebs Wrote:Don't worry I'm actually a big hypocrite most of the time. One of my many faults

Don't do that please. I haven't called you a hypocrite, I said the attitude displayed was hypocritical. i.e. people complaining about what we said without even offering advice yourselves.

Now can we please not do this? This thread is getting filled with replies that don't even have to do with the OP and if the intention here was to not make the OP feel bad, then you're all not helping to that goal .

It's HARDLY the first time someone asking advice is asked to use smaller paragraphs when posting long texts so why the fuck is it such a big deal now?

Look at my initial post and the compromise I took. Look at the post I made later. I fulfilled my compromise of offering advice. All I did was say the same thing I always do to these kinds of posts "please use paragraphs" I didn't need to be called "rude" for that.

Insertnamehere Wrote:Don't do that please. I haven't called you a hypocrite, I said the attitude displayed was hypocritical. i.e. people complaining about what we said without even offering advice yourselves.

Now can we please not do this? This thread is getting filled with replies that don't even have to do with the OP and if the intention here was to not make the OP feel bad, then you're all not helping to that goal .

It's HARDLY the first time someone asking advice is asked to use smaller paragraphs when posting long texts so why the fuck is it such a big deal now?

Look at my initial post and the compromise I took. Look at the post I made later. I fulfilled my compromise of offering advice. All I did was say the same thing I always do to these kinds of posts "please use paragraphs" I didn't need to be called "rude" for that.
Bitch shut up already and go back to being a meanie in a kids show
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

VirgoMasquerade Wrote:Bitch shut up already and go back to being a meanie in a kids show

Was this suppose to be a joke? Just to clarify insert and I were not fighting. Just discussing our views and opinions. No harm done

Meebs Wrote:Was this suppose to be a joke? Just to clarify insert and I were not fighting. Just discussing our views and opinions. No harm done

Oh no baby! Me and Omar/Interset joke around like that all the time
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet