Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Female or male brain?
I think the majority of gay men's brain is tending female.

For example, gay men can understand women so much better than straight men and they can't understand some male desires.

So.. I dare to say this: Many gay men have 'neutral brain' and can understand both female and male a lot better. We actually have this kind of.. 'advantages'!

So, be proud being gay! Wink

I'd also appreciate other perspectives
Tongue

I don't necessarily think gay men understand women better than anyone else. If anything, I think women are more in touch with their emotions. After all, most boys are raised around this stigma of emotional expression; they're told not to cry, because after all they're boys and will be men one day. Girls on the other hand aren't really discouraged to express emotions.

I think this is where the cliché heterosexual male, "Women huh? You can't understand them" lament comes from. A lot of men are so used to just completely suppressing their emotions that they fail to understand why something they or someone else did upset their wife or their female friend. Of course these are generalizations.

I'm also a boy, I was raised in the same kind of environment and I have the same difficulties in emotional expression that many other men, gay and straight, deal with. I don't think the majority of the man's brain is "tending female". Science has already defined some general differences regarding the way the female/male brain is built and functioning. If homosexual men were born with some kind of biological anomaly that made their brains structurally and practically similar to the female brain, the genetic connection to homosexuality would already be established Smile

I am reasonably sure our brains are identical across genders and sexual orientations. It has been proven that a "gay brain" reacts differently to visual stimuli of the same sex kind, than a "straight brain". I cannot lie, it offends me that you consider me to be a woman brain trapped in a man's body.

Gay men could better understand women's emotions than straight men can, but not all the emotions and not every time. Sometimes I feel like I can better understand my male friends (regardless of sexual orientation) than my female friends.

I think I understand people (and animals LOL) not for my sexuality but only cause I use to listen and think alot and I'm totally not shallow...

I don't know about other bsx or gay people, but I don't like labels and stereotype.

I think I have traits of both; my feminine side tends to be more noticeable when I'm with my guy friends, and my more masculine side shows more when I'm with my girl friends. I guess it's just a matter of contrast.

As gay men with have a male brain, but part of us for what ever reason not fully understood yet is partially femanised.
So a lot of gay men are more in touch with feelings more than straight men, and I think we struggle with this sometimes because we think of this as not being a masculine trait. This is wrong because we who we are and cannot help or change that.

Yes, I do struggle with those feelings too. My BF does not even care. He shows no emotions at all. I believe that certain gay man develops these traits but others don't. But I do not believe my brain tends on the feminine side.

First off I'm kind of shocked that HumbleTangerine who's in Sweden grew up with social norms that sound so American. "Women, huh? You can't understand them" sounds like such a typical American male thing to say I'm surprised that Swedes say it too. After all Christine Jorgensen had to travel to Denmark to get her sex change operation, I would think Scandinavians would be less rigid with gender norms.
Then again "A Doll's House" was a Norwegian play, or was Ibsen Swedish? I always get that confused.

As for me, I was born a non- conformist so as a young child I didn't give a **** what I was "supposed" to do.
I couldn't care less what other people thought, unfortunately I've lost a lot of that bravery as I got older.
I've always understood women pretty well, I mean they can be a little too emotional sometimes, I mean I have a friend and she'll cry at anything, she sobs through La Bohème every time even though she's seen it 10,000 times, that I don't understand. Initially I always had a lot of female friends compared to male, but as time progressed the ratio became 50/50.
I'm an emotional person in some ways, in other ways I guess I can be stoic though.
My brain is pretty evenly divided like yin and yang.

I seriously don't understand women, hell I don't understand men either…maybe I have a far superior type brain…or maybe bi men just have a 3rd type brain….O_O