Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Female or male brain?
I can only understand men and women to a certain degree, but I generally feel there's a large ocean between them and myself.

Well, I haven't scanned my brain so I really want to know which one I am more like. haha. (Where do I scan my brain for this?)

And I think this might go back to the nature vs nurture thing. im mostly sure that kids care about other people's feelings when they are not being rude. However, when they grow up, they will be forced or cultured to be attune with whatever gender stereotype they might have.

Uneunsae Wrote:I can only understand men and women to a certain degree, but I generally feel there's a large ocean between them and myself.

I often feel a lot like this. I start to think I'm getting a grasp on how people's minds work... men, women, whatever.

Then something happens or I discover something that proves how wrong I really am.

There have been MRI and PET scan studies showing similarities between some gay male and straight female brains, such as both hemispheres of the brain being somewhat equal in size while the right hemisphere of the brain is usually larger in straight males. Also similarities in amygdala, which is the part of the brain dedicated to emotions has similarities between gay men and straight women (fight or flight response, reaction to potential mates, etc.) This might explain some of the similarities.

I usually get along well with both sexes. Well, just my close friends mostly, which consist of both men and women.

I get on fantastic with straight guys - not so much gay guys... With women I'm very blunt with them and I will be upfront so I tend to clash quite a bit. Its not that I'm not upfront with guys but I find guys can take it better where as women moan and bitch about it (I know I'm tarnishing everyone with the same brush). But yeah.. My favourite are straight men Big Grin

But I am a very crazily emotionally charged person too..
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Well you can stop thinking and start knowing:
Quote:Gay Men, Straight Women Have Similar Brains

James Owen
for National Geographic News

June 16, 2008
Gay peoples' brains share similar characteristics to those of the opposite sex, a new study says.
Researchers found resemblances in the brain's physical structure and size as well as the strength of neural connections among gay people and straight people of the opposite sex.

source: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...brain.html

I don't think gay men are any more similar to women then straight men are. When it comes down to it, we're still men. We still tend to compartmentalize our thoughts and want to reason out a fix for everything. I believe that what makes someone seem like they understand or connect with women at a deeper level may be the ability to be empathetic. There may certainly be exceptions, but these exceptions cannot be applied to everyone.

I am very empathetic, love shoes, cross my legs when I sit, enjoy the theater, and love to bottom...but I must confess, women are and will always be a mystery to me despite feeling more comfortable around them then men.

Well, I remember reading an article that says that same-sex parents' brains function the same way that mothers' and fathers' (in an opposite-sex relationship) do combined! As for the reason, I will probably need to find the article, but due to the fact that different sexual orientations could still have been the result of biological necessity (polytypic differences at the least) it could just be an evolutionary trait if anything.

You can do a search to actually confirm this idea, the study just came out a few days ago. Amazing what 3 weeks out of an anthropology class does to your interest in anthropology. :x

100% gay.
100% str8 on the outside.
100% male brain.

Love engineering, gadgets, DIY, cars, Sci-fi, anything military, the discovery channel, all things geekish.

Hate clothes shopping, accessorising, and gay guys who use the female bathrooms like its a god given right!

OK I dont like sports, but that definitely does not make me female in any way shape or form.

Don't make the mistake of trying to stereotype all of us. Just saying Smile

ObW
X

Rad, I thought you had finally decided you were gay.
I bid NO Trump!