Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feminine Guys
There is a difference between problematic language and you disliking my view on the word misogyny and what it means.

let me explain. The hatred of feminine qualities and behaviors still falls under the definition of Misogyny because it stems from a societal programmed hatred/fear of women.

and that statement, " I'm not judging anyone...I'm calling out problems." was meant for bowynn because he claimed i was judging the Gay generation that lived through the aids crisis.

You guys seem to need help ending this trivial squabble. Here ya go.

[Image: 127430-050-4FA643E7.jpg]

Reminds me of the dialogue between Humpty Dumpty and Alice in Through the Looking Glass:

Quote:"I don't know what you mean by 'glory,' " Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't—till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!' "
"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected.
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

you act as if i've taken on an entirely new meaning of a word. Hardly so.

Axanderb Wrote:There is a difference between problematic language and you disliking my view on the word misogyny and what it means.

let me explain. The hatred of feminine qualities and behaviors still falls under the definition of Misogyny because it stems from a societal programmed hatred/fear of women.

and that statement, " I'm not judging anyone...I'm calling out problems." was meant for bowynn because he claimed i was judging the Gay generation that lived through the aids crisis.

Well... ain't that special....

I fail to see a problem. Perhaps because I am twice your age and lived in a very different world where the relationship between AIDS and Gay are just a matter of facts.

Your being a bit to hyper politically correct and reading far much more into what Roo said. I get what he said, but then I am from his generation (or a wee bit older) so I can relate to what he said and see no problem in what he said.

Axanderb Wrote:I get what you're saying Bowynn. But when a sentence is started as "I also know and have previously known many feminine guys, including one of my late cousins" and end the sentence with "(Who died of Aids)" it looks bad. And please don't try to tell me it doesn't.

Nope, not from where I am sitting, it doesn't look bad at all. And clearly you don't get what I am saying or you would at the very least let the subject go.

You don't get it, can't get it because you are a product of a Post Plague world where HIV is treatable and so few actually die the slow, humiliating, debilitating horrible way that so many died back in the early plague days.

Furthermore, you didn't live through the days when effeminate guys where targeted with some great fear because everyone knew they carried the 'Gay Plague'. Regardless if they were infected or not, they were treated like lepers by the majority of non-LGBT people in the world.

He died from aids.... This carries a lot more meaning to us older folk than just the dry clinical fact that AIDS was the terminal disease that killed the person - there is a whole culture, a whole political movement, a whole decade+ of horror and greif. HIV/AIDS forever changed what it means to be Gay.

You cannot possibly relate to it because you did not live in that era. If you lived in that era you wouldn't question the meaning of 'And he died from aids....' you would relate to the phrase on an emotional level which can't possibly be explained to you kids of the 21st century.

Axanderb Wrote:I choose to adopt a more progressive and broader definition of the term misogyny as someone w/ very Feminist views.

mi·sog·y·ny
məˈsäjənē/
noun
noun: misogyny
the hatred of women.

fem·i·nist
ˈfemənist/
noun
noun: feminist; plural noun: feminists

1. 1.
    a person who supports feminism.
adjective
adjective: feminist

1. 1.
    of, relating to, or supporting feminism.
    "feminist literature"
fem·i·nism
ˈfeməˌnizəm/
noun
noun: feminism
the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

Me thinks you either mistyped or you have a confusion over particular words....

IF you don't understand the Broader movement in feminism...not old world MAN HATE feminists but the Current progressive Social Justice feminism then i can't spend every day of my time explaining it to you. expand your research past the dictionary.

I still live in a world where feminine men are looked down upon and thought to harbor all sorts of terrible behaviors, diseases, etc. There is still a serious stigma against men who Fit the role of "Bottom". No you're absolutely correct i didn't live through the Aids crisis and i have no idea what it means to live in that period of time.

Over it though...i'm tired of coming here.