Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fetish Crisis
BatsTDK Wrote:I really appreciate everyone's input. I'm definitely going to have to make some sort of change here... for the good of me and my relationship.

One thing I'm afraid of though, is that even though I get rid of a lot of shoes, I'll just end up acquiring more all over again. For that, I think I probably need professional help.

I think you are right! I also believe you have this thing very well thought out and have a good head on your shoulders. You are very smart.

Get the help you need. Dont waste more time, money, and a possible relationship or your health. Bump

One thing my friend did/does (he had an obsession with a particular music artist and bought every single cd he could find).

He can only buy new stuff if he sells old stuff. So he upgrades his collection, sells a few to buy a more expencive one.

I hope you accept this in the spirit that it's offered, but have you considered seeing a therapist for what's going on? This clearly is a COMPULSIVE behavior - and even your responses to peoples suggestions on here prove out that you have an excuse for NOT making a full change.

Let's be honest - an average person does NOT need hundreds of pairs of shoes. Now, if you were independently wealthy and the cost of buying shoes didn't impact your lifestyle - that's one thing (see the closets of some superstars for example)...but i'm betting your spending IS having an impact on your lifestyle and your relationship.

dealing with somethign like this on your own is an effort in frustration. You need some help to deal with WHAT is driving this compulsion - and that help can only come from a professional therapist!

I don't think I'm making excuses as to why I shouldn't make a change... I mean that's why I'm here right? I'm trying to see if anyone may have experienced something like this and can lend advice.