Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ffooooooooooooooooodddddddd!!
Yeah, so like, i quit smoking like four weeks ago now and that's all very well and good but see since i stopped i've been eating like an actual obese elephant!!

I'm never satisfied. I've just eaten four doughnuts and all i want is to go and make pasta. I swear, if this doesn't stop by sunday i'm just gonna start on the fags again. At least smoking looks more glamorous than empty greggs bags building up everywhere...

Any tips/suggestions/exlanations??

This WILL stop, right??

This works

When you feel hungry, drink a glass or two of water and that should fill you up.......

xxxxxxxx

Star Twister Wrote:This works

When you feel hungry, drink a glass or two of water and that should fill you up.......

xxxxxxxx
Is that how you stay so slim, Star??? Confusedmile:

Star Twister Wrote:This works

mmmmmmmmmmmmm, you make it sound SO delicious ... but it just ain't doughnuts :frown:

I think maybe, rather than go back on the cigarettes, Sox, you should try and see a dietician and ask for advice on how to remain with the full stomach sensation whilst not pigging out on pizza and pasta (although those are slow sugars, they aren't what you want, right?)... A dietician will probably tell you to eat more fibre content foods. Incidentally, I read somewhere that when you feel a craving for sugar, chomping on carrots is the idea. They have natural sugar and are filling as well. But you've got to like carrots in the first place. So having some carrots around the house is a good idea.
Buy possibly, one of your cravings is just to have something to put in your mouth... er, so sucking on a pencil is an option...

Lol i dunno, i have a very addictive personality, and a lot of weird compulsions, but putting stuff in my mouth aint one of em. I think it's mostly cos i used fags as an appetite suppressant in my anorexic days. I've not had bad problems with food for ages now, but i think now im finally free of 'the snack on a cig and stay like a twig' effect, i just want to eat.

Right now i'm having yet ANOTHER toastie....

Giving up fags is very very difficult. Engaging in some form of 'replacement activity' is very common. Most people gain at least a bit of weight temporarily. Don't give up! Quitting fags is the single best thing you can do for your health!
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I met with a dietician a number of years after quitting cigs. We had gone over my weight history including when I quit cigs. I told her that I gained about 5 pounds after quitting and she said that was below the average weight gain one usually goes thru after quitting... I believe she said that cigs speed up the metabolism and that the average weight gain was around 7 to 10 pounds.

sox please keep up the hard work of quiting cigs and try to do more exercising which will speed up your metabolism and also keep you away from food.

Mmmm I want a toastie, think you can use a normal grill to make a toastie?

princealbertofb Wrote:Is that how you stay so slim, Star??? Confusedmile:

I wish PA, I'm battling with it at the moment especially after the Xmas festivities.......

Confusedmile:

CardShark Wrote:Mmmm I want a toastie, think you can use a normal grill to make a toastie?

Go for it
xxxx