Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forbidden Love
I actually encountered this on many occasions over the years and I might be able to offer you some advice based on what information you have given...sometimes the advice will change if there are more details of course...

There are different kinds of love....and one thing is certain...It is easy to idealize someone when you are not in an intimate relationship with them. We all do it. They can become anyone you want them to be...they can act and react in accordance with your wishes...but these fantasies rarely translate into reality very well.

Sometimes friendship is more rewarding and there is a deeper intimacy than in alot of relationships....you may already have the best of him and not even know it!

Or...to sum it all up.....I used to tell my bar customers that they should not build a pedestal for me because when I fell off of it they were most likely going to get mad at me for not being who they wanted me to be...and that sucks :biggrin: To be fair...I told myself the same thing when I found myself building a pedestal for someone else.

im in the same situation. i wish i had read some of this advice weeks ago! i fell in love with my best friend who is gay but in a long term relationship. i buried those feelings as deep as i could because he is such a good friend to me and so is his partner and i didnt want to lose their friendship. long story short, we all went out last week for drinks, where i got insanely drunk, and told him i loved him. he simply looked at me, smiled and said i know. i had to leave. could not look him in the face. neither of us has mentioned it since lol hopefully it wont affect our friendship. now anytime i think of him in a way other than friendly i repeat to myself several times, it will never happen. you will meet a great guy soon and you will get over your love for your best friend.
good luck with your situtation.

Quote:im in the same situation. i wish i had read some of this advice weeks ago! i fell in love with my best friend who is gay but in a long term relationship. i buried those feelings as deep as i could because he is such a good friend to me and so is his partner and i didnt want to lose their friendship. long story short, we all went out last week for drinks, where i got insanely drunk, and told him i loved him. he simply looked at me, smiled and said i know. i had to leave. could not look him in the face. neither of us has mentioned it since lol hopefully it wont affect our friendship. now anytime i think of him in a way other than friendly i repeat to myself several times, it will never happen. you will meet a great guy soon and you will get over your love for your best friend. good luck with your situtation.

I'm sorry dude, that's rough. Good luck with everything.

i too am havin thos feelings one of my best friends is getting married who i have a huge crush on and has now just asked me to be his best man