Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Film Music :P
I'm totally going to geek out for a moment, but does anybody want to share some of their favorite film music or composer, and possibly why? Smile

I love so many of them, and I respect most of them very much, but I would have to say my all-time favorite is John Williams. His composition skills are wonderful, but my greatest impression comes from his orchestration. Smile I loooove listening to his music, it inspires me to continue writing my own. I have young friends whom I've introduced to John Williams music (they hate "classical" music) and they loved him! They said that they couldn't explain why, but they could just connect to him better than other orchestral composers. The funny thing is, I know why but I can't exactly explain it...it's just something I know inside. I, too, connected very well with his music when I first heard of him and began listening to his music. Of course I smiled, got excited, but the best part is I remember becoming incredibly inspired... and I think that is something that is healthy for anyone Smile

James Newton Howard, I love his music to The Postman, it so fights for the movie. I basically love all his movie music but this one just stands out Smile

John Barry

and perhaps some more Smile

John Barry! Win Smile

I love James Newton Howard. The Belly of the Beast... epic Big Grin

I was going to say John Williams but you beat me to it! :biggrin: