Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Figured It Out
Ok so after 9 weeks of torment and torture, I have finally learned what's been happening with my skin and my body.

Turns out neither I nor the guy who thought he did ever had HPV or warts at all. He finally went to a doctor and got looked at, Scabies.

I thought I was in the clear, until last week, when the red spots came back after going off the prednesone and the itching started again. Then spots came on my penis so I freaked out and went back to the doctor, thinking that they were warts forming.
Scabies.

So I got the cream, did my first treatment last night, currently washing everything I own it hot water. Should have my environment decontaminated by tonight have only a couple loads of laundry left the run through. Then just keeping washing everything in hot water for the next two weeks to make sure and one more treatment in a week.

Been a hell of a stressful nine weeks though.

Richard

I don't think I'm following. But, whatever it is, hope you get well soon Smile

Oy! ............ :eek:

Glad you are OK Confusedmile:

Awww, Ardus!

If only you had posted about the problem sooner!

As you now know, scabies (from the latin Scabere - the verb to scratch) are small, microscopic mites that burrow down in to the skin where they live. This produces an allergic reaction of severe itching.

Treatment is by simple application of a lotion or cream containing one of three chemicals usually contained in household fly and wasp spray! (An oxygen inhibitor which prevents the organism from using oxygen). Scabies have been reported as far back as 494BC. The first recorded reference to scabies is believed to be from the Bible (Leviticus, the third book of Moses) circa 1200 BC.

Infection is usually by prolonged skin to skin contact.

The entire family (or whoever you live with) need to be treated and bedding, towels and such need to be washed on a wash as hot as possible or alternately, sealed up in a plastic bag and left for a week or two and washed normally.

As I say, had you posted earlier I might have suggested scabies and therefore saved you a lot of worrying about HPV.

For those who don't know and wish to, HPV is Human Papilloma Virus which causes genital warts on mucous membranes and in some cases can become cancerous. HPV is one of the STI's which condoms can offer protection against (provided you wash your hands aftr taking the condom off as the virus can be transferred from hands to genital areas from the outside of the condom).

HPV can actually double the risk of HIV infection in women.

The following link may help:

http://www.aidsmap.com/Genital-warts/page/1044852/

Aww hope all will be well for you soon. Hugs.

"Scabies"????

You're pregnant with scrotum babies?????

Oh god Scabies are horrible.

My family had that once or twice when I was about 10, even there were just these horrible red bumps making lines across our skin.

Are you using that weird smelling creamy liquid that you dab and rub all over?

Permethrine Cream i applied the first treatment Monday supposed to wait a week then apply the second.

Richard