Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally cleaning my facebook list...Feels good!
After all the drama i've been through lately, all the people hating on me I am finally just wiping out my facebook and starting new, fresh!
Feels so great, who else has done this?
It seems social networking is becoming nothing but a pain in my ass, even being social outside of the internet glory life...People just twist everything around and back stabs each other!
Hate it!

Welcome to the world of innocence gone - people are friggin scary.

You are beginning to see why so many of us "older" folks have only a close knit circle of a few friends, and avoid social networking like the plague. And prefer forums dedicated to topics that interest us over FaceBook and the like.

ACK! Facebook.....frightening place. It was a real b*tch for me to get off of there...they made me jump through hoops and then wait to get my account deleted.

facebook can be a horrible place, I got one because my sister wanted to stay in touch while she's off to college but I only use it twice a yearWink plus I'll be doing the same whenever(if I ever) come out. I realized a long time ago that most people cannot be trusted.

It's a very scary place.
All the keyboard heroes are at their worst.

I can't understand people that have 300 contacts and have never met them.
Everyone on mine is either family or friends , that I know in person.

I have a facebook page. Its under a nom de plume. http://www.facebook.com/sirius.stewart

Who is Sirius? Sirius is my Dog. What I wanted to do was tell people, "I don't have a facebook account, but my dog does, do you want to be her friend?"

But then I got involved with that horrid tease me game - Farmville.

Then it turned to other games as all of my 'friends' I made in the course of farmvilleing got me onto other games. Soon I discovered I was really pushing the limit on the clock to get other things done and I said 'Oh no, this ain't good' So I stopped using the account and stopped playing the games.

Actually I still don't have an account, my dog does and she has 63 friends. Lucky dog. :biggrin:

Personally I don't get the whole 'tell your life and personal crap to the whole world' thing. One of my nieces is horrible with giving blow by blow descriptions of her day:

"Just got home for work, going to sip some tea and fix the boys din-din"
"Boys are eating, I'm Sipping a beer."
"Boys are went bed, now slipping wine"
"Wow its lat, gt to get up early, great winecooler!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah she drinks a little, doesn't appreciate her Uncle saying 'You know dear when an alcohol says your a drunk you got a problem'.

Anyway. What were we talking about?

Wavey

Buring Wrote:After all the drama i've been through lately, all the people hating on me I am finally just wiping out my facebook and starting new, fresh!
Feels so great, who else has done this?
It seems social networking is becoming nothing but a pain in my ass, even being social outside of the internet glory life...People just twist everything around and back stabs each other!
Hate it!

Did you close the account and start a new one? Or did you just change your friends list?

Awesome! Smile I did that awhile ago. It's a good feeling Smile

princealbertofb Wrote:Did you close the account and start a new one? Or did you just change your friends list?

Honestly I was thinking about just simply making a whole entire new one.
But, that's a lot of work, and I have lots of pictures in albums I want to keep.
I simply deleted/blocked people off my facebook, got a new phone number and never placing it on my facebook or any social thing for that matter at all!

I also went through, 3 years of posts and deleted them all, one by one.
Was exciting day for me yesterday as you can tell! Tehe.

I guess you did what had to be done, Buring...