Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally the time has come....
Best wishes to your success.

thanks del... I am determined this time and decided to tell alot more people as the more i tell the bigger the impact if i succeed or fail! I am not going to fail this time round Smile

Cheerleader2WTG AuntyCheerleader2

I am so proud of you,
In your corner cheering you on.
Bighug

Wow, well congrats hon i hope everything goes well for you! -hugs- ^^

One day at a time and all that rot.... :tongue: :biggrin:

Good for you.

The only 'issue' I see is your attitude towards your ex's 'slipping'. Telling someone they are a 'disappointment' when they are dealing with detox is not really helpful. Not helpful to him and not helpful to you since you are 'stewing' on it and feel its important enough of an event that you 'shared' it with us.

He is your ex for some reason. I have no idea why - don't want to know either - but I'm wondering if you two are an ideal pair to be 'quitter companions'.

I'm wondering if its wise for you and him to hang out with each other, or if your past together will bring up other issues which mixed with the cravings and the tendency for quitters to become 'cranky' is going to cause you two to be more 'nasty' with each other and say things to hurt your progress (and his).

We here at GS will love and support you. Families tend to be at best 'interesting' and tend to, um, what that word I just chastised you about. Ah yes, disappoint. Wink

I would love to give you a huge hug, but that would look gay - can't have that now can we? :biggrin: So I guess I have to give you two.

Bighug Bighug

I sadly have no choice bowyn as when i got on the property ladder i was with him as a bf then he met someone and now his my ex.. I think quitting with him is a good idea because if he didnt have someone to quit with he would be smoking.... Well smoking outside on the street as we dont have a garden... I know when i last got him to quit with me til his granddad died everytime he went for a cigarette i used to say to him... Would you cheat on me??? He would say no so id say well why think of sucking on that fag??? (to avoid confusion FAG is english slang for cigarette).. I often found with my ex that his someone that kinda needs to be reminded what a prat his being lol

kinde4sdt regards and time for bed

zeon x

It can be done, as a ex smoker myself I understand how hard it is, change your schedule and stay away from the situations where you like to smoke, you can gradually enjoy those situations again as a non smoker, JimConfusedmile:
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Zeon..................CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

You Can Do It!

I tried many times over the years and finally when I had my heart attack (due to smoking...it constricted my arteries)...I was laying there ready to go under and I realized that I was facing death head on....that it could be the last time I looked at anything...and for the first time I can remember I was seriously frightened and completely vulnerable...

...I got three stents and when the no smoking lady came into the room as I was rehabilitating she asked about how I would quit smoking and I said not to worry...I faced death...that was enough for me. Still...she insisted that I read the material and sign up for a classes.

That has been two years now...I have zero desire for cigarettes. I had quit previously up to a year at a time..sometimes a few months...or six months...but never over a year.

I will tell you the one thing she taught me that actually gave me the success I needed. I was really ashamed that it helped me and embarrassed because I thought it was really ugly on my part but I did it and still do and it actually works better than anything I ever tried ...

Forgive me if anyone reading this is a smoker but I wanted to save my life and I was willing to try anything...

The literature said that when I saw a smoker...to pity them....I was appalled but I did it and OMG...very powerful. The thing is...I have friends who smoke still and I felt guilty about doing it but I kept doing it and every time I got into that space and used that thought my desire for a cigarette vanished. I am not sure why or how that works but these people who advocate not smoking must know what they are doing if they included that...and since it worked I have to say I agree with them.

I dont know if it will work for you but you may want to try it.

The other thing that helps in a quick fix..pop a piece or two of nicotine gum for a quick fix.

Again...GOOD LUCK! I am sending you positive thoughts.

hello All,
I figured id update on Day 3... I got up at 9am and was craving like mad so ran to get the patches and slapped one on.. When i returned i wanted to do a test to see how my will power is so i went to the shop next door and got a small scraper and spent 3 hours scraping paint off my dining room walls to restore back to plasterboards so i can paint over the top of it... I have had 3 lozengers in that time and everytime i would ordinary stop for a fag i took deep breathes and carried on.. I have spent the past 24 hours coughing up loads of bits n pieces related to smoking..

Its natures way of teaching me a lesson i guess for something i shouldnt be doing. My ex may be away from the flat because his smoking with his new boyfriend but to be honest ive banned smoking in my home and in my car and ive also banned my bank account from funding it... I know when im smoke free and got cash abnd my ex is skint and wants cash i will remind him of what he often says to homeless people

Cant afford it??? Give up!

Well to be honest on day three the cravings are sort of going mad but not all the time but i think its the receptors slowly dying out and constantly begging me to give in.. I know im not going to because i am not disappointing myself anymore... I find it hard at work to kill an hours lunch break and not smoke three cigarettes in that time but ive bought a puzzle book to distract mny attention lol

Kindest regards

zeon x

I'm super happy for you. You seem to be very determined so I don't doubt your success. I find quitting smoking to be especially admirable I think just because I've watched my dad my whole life talk about wanting to quit and never doing it. I'm looking foreward to hearing more updates from you. :3