Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally the time has come....
Nice work Aunty, keep it up, proud of you Bighug

spencer Wrote:I'm super happy for you. You seem to be very determined so I don't doubt your success. I find quitting smoking to be especially admirable I think just because I've watched my dad my whole life talk about wanting to quit and never doing it. I'm looking foreward to hearing more updates from you. :3

well use my experience as a way to convince your father that quiotting is a good thing the thing with giving up smoking is once ya complete the first day there is no point turning back but u gotta beleive in doing it and remember u dont need tobaccoo in order to live

dfiant Wrote:Nice work Aunty, keep it up, proud of you Bighug

I think since i posted tghis diary it is making me more determined... I had a shower tonight with my patch on thinking it was going to come off however it haSNT so i think the glue is ultra strong lol and im still getting my fix just planning day thirty for when i cut from 4mg to 2mg and request that my 2mg patch goes to 1mg

Way to go, Zeon!

I've quit that nasty habit myself, and it's pretty hard the first fifteen times "quitting" --which is to say, for me, I had to try quitting enough times (and "fail") that it didn't matter whether I "failed". That is, I had to let go of the whole shame-guilt dynamic attached to my habit. Then the desire to smoke fell away entirely. Except, say, once every three months when I'm surrounded by smokers ... and having some beers, and I give in for a moment. And then it's done. And I mean done -- for another three months or so.

Otherwise, there's no desire for it. And I know I'm not missing anything.

Cold turkey may work for you. But for me, I had to slow it down and slow it down some more until I was, for months, only wanting and having one or two of the death sticks a day. It was then much easier than it would have been were I smoking half a pack or more a day -- which was usually the most I ever did, anyway.

Glad to be free, I am!

zeon Wrote:I sadly have no choice bowyn as when i got on the property ladder i was with him as a bf then he met someone and now his my ex.. I think quitting with him is a good idea because if he didnt have someone to quit with he would be smoking.... Well smoking outside on the street as we dont have a garden... I know when i last got him to quit with me til his granddad died everytime he went for a cigarette i used to say to him... Would you cheat on me??? He would say no so id say well why think of sucking on that fag??? (to avoid confusion FAG is english slang for cigarette).. I often found with my ex that his someone that kinda needs to be reminded what a prat his being lol

kinde4sdt regards and time for bed

zeon x

:biggrin: Oh I know what fag means. I smoke them and suck them too :o

This situation does indeed make it harder.

I do not know the ins and outs of your relationship, but I wonder if you used those same words 'Would you cheat on me?' as a rhetorical question wouldn't remind him of the better days when he did the quitting thing with success.

Ultimately my concern here is your health and well being. I know that quitting makes us cranky - which is an understatement, and I know being cranky for 'no reason' can mess with a person's head.

For me the last time I did the quitting thing I ended up giving in largely due to how ugly I was becoming. So it was 'Frak it, if I can't be nice as a nonsmoker, I'd rather die from lung cancer.'

You are a caring, wonderful person. I suspect that you don't like to be cranky with others and may take it too hard and be too hard on yourself.

Zeon, I love your attitude and determination! Smile I hope it will get easier over the time.