Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally told my mum! Out of the blue!
Hi everyone,

Well it finally happened, my mum and sister now know that I'm gay.

It's amazing just how much I kept thinking about how I would tell them and it just happened out of the blue.

Basically I have been off work for a few weeks with depression, the doctor signed me off and put me on medication. Only 3 people at work knew the reason I was off, so I was pretty sure my family wouldn't find out until I was ready (felt like I never would be). I ended up getting a message from my mum asking me if I was ok and that someone from my work spoke to a very distant relation of my dad's girlfriend and asked if I was ok as he knew I was off work with depression. I must admit, I'm surprised anyone would ask someone other than me about it, as it's not the kind of thing you just tell everyone, but the word manage to travel around the entire family before my mum asked me, so there was very little I could do. I would be a fool to try and deny it but I knew if I accepted it and went along with it, that they question that would be asked would be "why are you depressed"!
I realised at that point that this was the perfect opportunity to tell them I was gay and I did Smile My dad doesn't know yet, but that's because he is away on holiday, but my mum and sister have been great and fully accept me.

I am so relieved especially after all this time Smile Even better if I didn't have major toothache Sad

Thank you to everyone on here that has helped and supported me in the past, it's always been really appreciated.

Congratulations! It's such a great step and your life will be be better because of it, I'm sure. Smile I wish you all the best and continued acceptance from anyone else you decide to tell.

Happy for you Ant Smile. This is how it should be Smile. Glad you have that support and I hope you continue to get that support. It is literally a huge weight off your shoulders. Enjoy that feeling!

Good for you and good for your Mum and your Sister. One day there will come a time when if just won't be necessary to come out at all.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Excellent, go celebrate! ElefantElefantElefant
Cheerleader2Cheerleader2Cheerleader2

And hug your mom and sister the next time you se them
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Congratulations, [MENTION=17906]Ant[/MENTION]! It's a great day for liberation!
I bid NO Trump!

Congratulations! Well done Smile
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Congrats!!!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Thanks everyone. You have been great and given lots of support Smile

I can now go on and build a better and more open life Smile

congrats, same here!