Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Financial Stability
The US today appointed a "New Czar of Financial Stability"

um .. is anyone paying attention to what is going on?

No. I would personally find financial stability so unsettling I'd probably be more unstable.

I only follow the UK economy.

Today they just raised the can't remember what its called, but insured your money in the bank for 35k its been moved upto 50k.
Everyone moving their money around was creating alot of trouble and most people placed their money in northern rock so it was taking away competition.

does it really matter if the public is following this or not???

The American voice said 1000 to 1 that they did not want the bailout package passed! How many representatives listened to their constituents?

The day that this Bush was selected... the first thing I said was "This man is going to bring America down!" and he has been going strong from day one and wont be slowing down until the day he is HUNG or walks out the door to enjoy his spoils.

In all fairness its not bushes fault, its the banks.

CardShark Wrote:In all fairness its not bushes fault, its the banks.

I wasnt commenting on the current crisis but the totality.

We are in two wars. One agreed on by most of the world but poorly managed and even more poorly funded.

The second a great catastrophe that was only started to benefit the all great and powerful war machine! and with McCain asking that we spend the next 100 years there!!! The amount being spent there will never end and that is just what The Bushies want... and their Neo-Cons...

I guess that I would also somewhat disagree about this not being Bushes fault... it is his and his cabinets responsibility to make sure this doesnt happen. He has had the greatest power in the world for six years of his eight year term with everything passed he ever dreamt of...

You just have to look at what the Bushies have chosen to do and what they have chosen not to do while in power for those 6 years... keep the USA safe by closing the borders? NO! Started a war with false data, one even his father, even his own VP in the past, called a foolish endeavor!!!

fjp999 Wrote:I wasnt commenting on the current crisis but the totality.

We are in two wars. One agreed on by most of the world but poorly managed and even more poorly funded.

The second a great catastrophe that was only started to benefit the all great and powerful war machine! and with McCain asking that we spend the next 100 years there!!! The amount being spent there will never end and that is just what The Bushies want... and their Neo-Cons...

I guess that I would also somewhat disagree about this not being Bushes fault... it is his and his cabinets responsibility to make sure this doesnt happen. He has had the greatest power in the world for six years of his eight year term with everything passed he ever dreamt of...

You just have to look at what the Bushies have chosen to do and what they have chosen not to do while in power for those 6 years... keep the USA safe by closing the borders? NO! Started a war with false data, one even his father, even his own VP in the past, called a foolish endeavor!!!

I will somewhat agree but not totally. You can't blame Bush for all the problems of the 8 years. First of all I think you overestimate his real power. In the bailout he was but one vote ... and frankly his vote (signing it) doesn't even matter. Take a look at the numbers... the democrats passed this bill overwhelmingly. And I won't blame them either - they are all at fault!
There is no point in blaming .. it needs to be fixed .. but how????
and today the DOW lost another 500 points ... God Bless America!

GayComputerDude Wrote:I will somewhat agree but not totally. You can't blame Bush for all the problems of the 8 years. First of all I think you overestimate his real power. In the bailout he was but one vote ... and frankly his vote (signing it) doesn't even matter. Take a look at the numbers... the democrats passed this bill overwhelmingly. And I won't blame them either - they are all at fault!
There is no point in blaming .. it needs to be fixed .. but how????
and today the DOW lost another 500 points ... God Bless America!

FOR SIX YEARS BUSH & THE REPUBLICANS CONTROLLED EVERYTHING! UNDERSTAND?

It was his introduction of the bailout plan, right? I dont remember a Dem or Ind introducing the plan, right? During the six years of TOTAL CONTROL what did Bush and the Repubs do to try to halt such a disastrous economic predicament? I guess they reduced controls. Was that something that made this situation controllable or worse?

Who gives a flying FUC* if america fails?!? Bush certainly doesnt!!! Many great conceptual nations have failed and will continue to fail. It wont bother me!

Bow Greed Bless America Bow

fjp999 Wrote:
FOR SIX YEARS BUSH & THE REPUBLICANS CONTROLLED EVERYTHING! UNDERSTAND?

It was his introduction of the bailout plan, right? I dont remember a Dem or Ind introducing the plan, right? During the six years of TOTAL CONTROL what did Bush and the Repubs do to try to halt such a disastrous economic predicament? I guess they reduced controls. Was that something that made this situation controllable or worse?

Who gives a flying FUC* if america fails?!? Bush certainly doesnt!!! Many great conceptual nations have failed and will continue to fail. It wont bother me!

Bow Greed Bless America Bow

LOL

and now the democrats are in control except for the presidency and soon they'll have that too .. and they'll fail

the greed is on both sides

and yes .. he introduced it and if I remember right I threw something at the tv and say what a f...ing a..hole

I certainly don't hope America fails .. and it won't ... but I think bailing out anyone is total BS

GayComputerDude Wrote:LOL

and now the democrats are in control except for the presidency and soon they'll have that too .. and they'll fail

the greed is on both sides

and yes .. he introduced it and if I remember right I threw something at the tv and say what a f...ing a..hole

I certainly don't hope America fails .. and it won't ... but I think bailing out anyone is total BS

guessing youre not going to vote for McCain after tonites announcement of another HUGE bailout?!?!?!