Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find a relationship is really that hard?
Well thankyou now I know how I'm gonna do this shit! hahaaha BUNNY

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you meet a prince.... or a half decent human being.

Yes it is that hard for a gay male to find a relationship with another gay man. Figure we are about 1% of the population, that means for every 100 males you meet, one will be gay - then figure that finding a gay male who is compatible is going to be like what one in a thousand? So that its going to be at least 100,000 males of the species you have to meet.

Some times one is lucky, sometimes one is not.

You're only 22 - so you still got a lot of time ahead of you. This isn't a race, take your time, meet guys, date and hold on to your ideas of finding a suitable mate.

I like how you used numbers to explain things.
I did that once to calculate the chances of my new (unknown at that time) next door neighbor being the love of my life.
The multipliers are as follows (note that it will improve if I'm actually staying in a country other than Singapore):
Male 1/2
Is gay 1/50
Is out/going to come out 1/3
Age 18-28 1/5
Taller than 180 cm 1/10
Is at least moderately good looking 1/10
Does not have a partner and is open to a LTR 1/2 x 2
Has at least decent character 1/2
I like him 1/100
He likes me back 1/100

The result is 8 x 10^-11.
Basically the probability was so small that even if a hundred million guys move next too my house, it'd only be a 8 out of 100 chance! How comforting to know right? Tongue
Anyway my neighbor failed ALL of the criteria above except I don't know enough about her character yet.

Bem-vindo ao GS!...yes, yes, yes...we need more South Americans here..it gets lonely being just me, an Argentinean that doesn't log in ever, and 2 Colombian guys.....Biglaugh

Ha! Numbers...numbers will tell you how low your chances are, but the key word would be "probabilty" and probability is not always reality...besides, if you go enough times you're bound to find one guy at least who suits your requirements..

My college was, for example somewhat of a Mecca for gay guys...it had and still has a large concentration of gays...specially the Science Faculty..go figure..

yes, it's difficult to find a relationship in the LGBT world, the few numbers, the most likely "have-to-hide" scenario and out of those folks, how many of them are interested in relationships and not just sex...

depressing..

but that should never take a toll on you, keep searching, be patient, enjoy your days, have fun meeting people...and sooner than later that guy will pop up out of nowhere

Sometimes its not about the numbers at all, its all about right timing and luck Smile

Yeah I you guys are tottaly right! Btw Ekwarph, I loved the video thankyou so much for share! She has a point didnt she? hahaha

Btw lucky or not...OkCupid got me 95% match this morning, we talked the whole day...let's see where it goes, I have a good feeling! ;-)

Thankyou southbiochem actually in Brazil all the guys wanna hide who they are, but they do it even for themself, they pose as straight but fuck men? C'mon!

I mean, if they cant even admit they are gay, how can they want a relationship, I guess I will have to move out hahahha

brazilian Wrote:Btw lucky or not...OkCupid got me 95% match this morning, we talked the whole day...let's see where it goes, I have a good feeling! ;-)

Good luck ! ! !

If that 'good feeling' is resulting in an erection, then it won't lead to a relationship.

I don't care how you meet, until you have become friends...not VIRTUAL friends, and had a few dates, then there are no REAL feelings.

As for finding a partner...you can't be truely loved until you have truely loved yourself.

I think that around 40% of humanity is gay or bi. But most people just hide. At least where i live i have recently come to know that, maaaaany married men with kids and all go out at night to get some man on man action.

Festino Wrote:I think that around 40% of humanity is gay or bi. But most people just hide. At least where i live i have recently come to know that, maaaaany married men with kids and all go out at night to get some man on man action.

Please just don't throw numbers like this... all of you math guys what counting your probability have made for you? Do you have someone you love now thanks to your probability calculation or you keep being in the low result of your calculation and still hopes you're calculations was right? In love or in a quest of love your statistic will do no good... trust your damn guts, I know that everything can be calculated but that doesn't mean everything SHOULD be calculated.