Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding Spirituality
Well I'm finding my own religion I suppose. I can tell you what I don't believe in but it's hard to say what exactly it is I believe in. I suppose I want to question everything and make a point of it. I want to know what is real. And my dreams I find a lot no meaning in but I find that they give me a very different perspective and I can see real from not real. I just want truth to be the prime religion. The top most religion must be truth.

So that was random n.n

What is the truth? Isn't it contradictory with "believe in" ? I think what is important is not the truth but only the perception you have of the truth, or to go further : your truth.
I don't believe in accessible absolute truth actually. For me, it only translates a disability and a frustration of humans to control everything.

If truth becomes a religion, it will be the first and only time we will know with absolute certainty that Politics and Religion won't mix Smile

Ekwarph Wrote:What is the truth? Isn't it contradictory with "believe in" ? I think what is important is not the truth but only the perception you have of the truth, or to go further : your truth.
I don't believe in accessible absolute truth actually. For me, it only translates a disability and a frustration of humans to control everything.

Absolute truth is what I'm after. And I fell that I have to go through lies to get to the truth. I fell frustrated as a human cos even here in little old New Zealand the government keeps secrets. I think that secrets are as bad as lies. I think all governments should be transparent either they do that or the people deiced everything. Cos we the people deiced not much. This is what I've found thought spirituality that there are lies everywhere. Everything we know is pretty much a lie.

But like I said it's hard for me to say what it is I believe in. Maybe because my ideas are still growing and I don't want them to be shut down.

dfiant Wrote:If truth becomes a religion, it will be the first and only time we will know with absolute certainty that Politics and Religion won't mix Smile

Got a bit of a point there. But what if the people deiced what to do with their live. Instead of being told how the world works even tho it's just lies. There is a way forwards I'm sure of it but it's just hard for people to see. I feel we are stuck in a bad place. We are slaves to money. I'd rather grow from a living and grow food and trade. I'd rather advise people on how to better themselves and kinda be like a spiritual person. But this isn't going to happen. O.O

Kiid Wrote:Absolute truth is what I'm after. And I fell that I have to go through lies to get to the truth. I fell frustrated as a human cos even here in little old New Zealand the government keeps secrets. I think that secrets are as bad as lies. I think all governments should be transparent either they do that or the people deiced everything. Cos we the people deiced not much. This is what I've found thought spirituality that there are lies everywhere. Everything we know is pretty much a lie.

I think that when the people decide everything, that's not democracy that's anarchy.

Have you read about Athenian Democracy? It's an example of how democracy can go seriously wrong; it really all comes down to how stupid people ruin everything (stupid people being everyone so everyone ruins everything, hence the failure of democracy). I won't rant about democracy here though (however much I would like to. I really hate the idealism of 'people power'. o_o I wouldn't say I have dictatorial tendencies, at most I am kind of in favour of a oligarchic republican sort of idea, where 'the people' have the power they deserve and not a word more. oops I ranted about democracy)

I don't believe people can make truth, and logically, truth in a spiritual sense is not really truth at all because the only thing you can prove is your own existence. I think it's futile to try to connect the world of people and politics with spiritual ideas. I think they have to be separated. Spirituality is strictly personal and politics is strictly public/social.

Truth at times is an over rated concept as at times there is no right or wrong, hence there is perception.

There is also honesty, but really is there truth at all?

For me spirituality and religion are different in a very profound way:
Religion is the shared social part of spirituality: churches and studies etc., where you hear other people and think about spirituality in a social environment (even when you're alone and thinking about religion, you're still thinking about second hand ideas or things that relate to the waking soul)

spirituality itself is a person's own personal experience and contemplation of the spiritual world.

I lost my train of thought. Too much thinking for 11PM

Haha Well my spirit is very bound to this world. I fell it needs fixing. I wish people could feel how others felt. I can but that might just be me. I wish people understood empathy and used it in there lives everyday to make the world a better place. I don't think many people understand such a concept. Show love to produce more love. Be able to fell what another person fells is the most useful skill I think I have. I helps me at my job. I think that empathy would help a lot of people especially here in New Zealand. We've got like one of if no the highest youth suicide rate in all of the developed countries. My hart breaks every time someone I hear kills themselves. I've had a few friends take their lives.