Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding guys
Does anyone have any advice for meeting guys? Unfortunately I am too young to use online dating (which isn't a very good idea anyways), and I just don't know how to go about finding somebody. I am very lonely and feel like having someone special in my life would make me feel so much better.

By "meeting guys" -- I assume you mean "meeting other gay teen guys like me" Am I right about that?

With a little diligence, you *might* be able to find a gay teen forum. I don't know I haven't looked but I bet they are out there. Problem with forums is unless they are well moderated (and GS appears to be) then you never really know who you're talking to or how old they *really* are. So caution in that area.

Beyond that if you mean in real life -- it all depends on where you live. If you live in a major US city, chances are there may be *something* for gay teens to do. Google the name of your town or city and "LGBT groups" or "gay support" or "gay teen" and see if anything shows up. If there is a support network near you, even if they're not specifically set up for teens, call them and ask if they know of anything. Sometimes there are groups that aren't publicized.

If you just mean meeting other guys (gay or straight) -- well, do the things guys do. Which usually means sports or online gaming or that sort of thing. What kind of clubs are there at your school?

Anyway, your question is often asked, and understandably so. The facts are there may very well be other gay guys in your class at school or right next door for all I know. The problem is most gay teenagers (such as yourself) are not *out*. Sometimes they aren't even "out to themselves" (meaning, they may think about it sort of but the fact that they *are gay* hasn't fully sunk in yet -- or they're in denial because too scary a thought, etc.)

However, you might need to begin to develop your "gaydar" (ability to detect other gay guys). I'm not going to be able to help much with that as mine has never functioned properly LOL! Other guys here, though, might be able to give you a clue.

Hope some of this helps!

Oh, and in the mean time, you have us! I know, not the same thing, but it is better than nothing, yeah?

I dare you to look through the members list and count up how many of us are single.

Then peek at our ages...

Sorry kid, but there is no magical 'where do we meet our mate' reply.

Usually, or more often than not, when people do find a mate (gay people) - its usually outside of the usual venue (gay bars/clubs) than most would think.

It will happen when its time to happen.

What is this meeting of which you speak?
I bid NO Trump!

http://www.google.com/search?q=oslo+minn...kfOlg71uEE

I assume you mean in person, you're 16, so in a few years, you'll be off to college, and there will be a TON more opportunities, clubs/meet ups for lgbtq people just like you.

Back in high school, are there any of these type of communities or groups? How about out of school, maybe there is a community centre near your area where they have some lgbt programming?

Trying to find a special guy to help you not feel so lonely is not a good reason to be looking for a guy. It's a reason to make friends. Sure it seems important to you now but here's the truth --- you're not ready for it and it's not your fault. Watch these videos.

Ok, thanks for your advice everyone Smile