Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire in the Sky
I was reading one site claiming it to be a fake… what a load of rubbish. There sole argument is that one of the men failed the first test… it was inconclusive

The facts are extrordinary and you get people like this want to disprove everything, just to find anything they can twist.I just read a whole page of crap, willing to have an open mind, they cant even make a good argument, its pathetic, fine you dont believe it but just shut up unless you,ve actually done research.

Intelligent life-forms can totally live on different planets. Maybe even more than one on the same planet. Wouldn't that be cool? Like if we had some kind of extra evolved lizard that could talk and had cities like we do?

But the entire alien abduction thing is just absurd... Assuming the alien species is ahead of us technologically, which they would need to be in order to travel to our planet, there would/should be far more about them than just the occasional "UFO" sighting that turned out to be a bird or drunk guys getting "abducted" and probed. If we could travel to a planet inhabited by an intelligent species, would we just travel there to pick up a random individual and stuff a transmitter up their butt, before releasing them into their environment again? For a time, first contact kind of thing, maybe. But these UFO things have been going on for decades...

Well we dont know do we? your presuming they behave similiar to us and NO a lizard is always a lizard, i imagine they would be a brutal species that eat humans whole! :O

And how do you know its a transmitter they put up there butt? Has an alien artefact ever been found?

I actually was thinking if they are so more evolved they probably see us as a mad dangerous species, good for nothing more than sticking things up there butts but it is interesting that travis walton now says he thinks it was an ambulance call not an abduction, then what would this mean?

As for the lie detector tests, they are very accurate, though not 100%. That isn't what I think the flaw is, though. A lie detector test shows someone is telling the truth if they believe that truth. So they are telling the truth to the best of their knowledge, but that doesn't mean that the best of their knowledge is based on the actual events. They may certainly believe that they had some sort of encounter, but they may also have had a psychotic episode for one reason or another. I'm not saying that this is bullshit for sure. I'm just saying that more evidence is needed, because a lie detector test just isn't going to cut it.

I see what your saying kyle though that 6 people all saw the same thing and having the same episode? hmm…

I'd also like to post a great Sherlock Holmes quote that applies to things like this.

"Circumstantial evidence is a very tricky thing. It may seem to point very straight to one thing, but if you shift your own point of view a little, you may find it pointing in an equally uncompromising manner to something entirely different."

That pretty much means that just because there are signs pointing to one conclusion, doesn't mean we should jump to that conclusion. If you shift your view on the subject, the evidence may point to an entirely different conclusion. Without the full range of facts, you could shift your view many different ways and come up with just as many answers.

If you are just trying to prove or disprove the alien answer, you are only pulling evidence from one end of the story. Try considering both sides, because being biased towards one answer will lead you along the path of least resistance to the answer that you want to be true.

partis Wrote:I see what your saying kyle though that 6 people all saw the same thing and having the same episode? hmm…

And this ties into what I'm saying. Yes, 6 people believe the same thing. That is only circumstantial evidence. You can follow that to the conclusion that you want to believe, but that circumstantial evidence proves absolutely nothing. There are other answers if you are willing to shift your perspective on the matter, and they are equally as valid at this point.

You know when you calibrate the lie detector to tune for yes/no truth/lie? If you have a needle you can cause yourself pain whenever you want a no impulse. During the calibration you can influence the lie-detector to consider it a lie whenever you stab yourself with the needle. If you never stab yourself after the calibration, everything you say is true.
Or atleast that's what they do in the movies!

Cuddly Wrote:Intelligent life-forms can totally live on different planets. Maybe even more than one on the same planet. Wouldn't that be cool? Like if we had some kind of extra evolved lizard that could talk and had cities like we do?

But the entire alien abduction thing is just absurd... Assuming the alien species is ahead of us technologically, which they would need to be in order to travel to our planet, there would/should be far more about them than just the occasional "UFO" sighting that turned out to be a bird or drunk guys getting "abducted" and probed. If we could travel to a planet inhabited by an intelligent species, would we just travel there to pick up a random individual and stuff a transmitter up their butt, before releasing them into their environment again? For a time, first contact kind of thing, maybe. But these UFO things have been going on for decades...

This assumes they saw us as equal or even potentially equal. But that shouldn't be a given, we'd likely just be a clever animal to them with just as much rights. And truly alien sensibilities might not even recognize us as particularly intelligent...their senses could be geared completely different from ours (which in turn gives a radically different view of the cosmos) and they may not use or understand language as we do. Their lifespans are almost certainly unlimited (at least potentially so) if they have the science to travel between the stars so that a few decades is but a blink of an eye to them.

And then there's their science. Who knows what products can be gained from our chromosomes, for example? Or maybe they're just doing studies to see how pollution is affecting our health as they study why a species seems so self-destructive, or maybe there are unique attributes about us that warrant study.

Other ideas is that they're not from another star system but another universe (weirder ideas also have them as time travelers where our descendents are trying to save themselves with our undamaged genes without changing history). And the abduction may just be an illusion, a metaphor for whatever they're truly doing to us.

And then there's a fic I'm working on: the Greys aren't extraterrestrial, they were genetically engineered right along with humans (their DNA taken from dolphins which I have an explanation for) to serve a saurial species that was also terrestrial. This is all complicated to explain but short & sweet was the Greys retreated from humanity yet after the US Government seized one of their craft (Roswell) they then began abducting and repeating the genetic engineering experiments, this time to create humans that were essentially Grey yet could still pass as humans (with some telepathic ability) and placed in strategic areas in society, and they're doing it before our violent, overpopulating species crowds them out of the solar system entirely (they're unable to cross to other star systems, and given how humans hate each other they don't expect anything less than genocide once humans learn of them and their very low numbers and humanity being perhaps only a century behind them in technology at most).

All sorts of possibilities exist...these just assume that what happened to Travis was literally real.

I have heard of this case.

The implications if it is real do not bode well for this planet nor any species on this planet.