Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fired For Being Pagan?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Listening to this I found myself wondering why the management of ‘God’s Bakery’ don’t ask job applicants what their religion or lack of one is before taking them on. Do they simply presume every job applicant worships their sad-masochist deity?
The Human Race is Insane.

(06-15-2021, 11:21 PM)Karl Rand Wrote: Listening to this I found myself wondering why the management of ‘God’s Bakery’ don’t ask job applicants what their religion or lack of one is before taking them on. Do they simply presume every job applicant worships their sad-masochist deity?

They're not allowed to inquire about religion or whether they're gay or have kids and so on. However, I know that someone didn't get a job because of information they volunteered (having kids).
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(06-15-2021, 11:34 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 11:21 PM)Karl Rand Wrote: Listening to this I found myself wondering why the management of ‘God’s Bakery’ don’t ask job applicants what their religion or lack of one is before taking them on. Do they simply presume every job applicant worships their sad-masochist deity?

They're not allowed to inquire about religion or whether they're gay or have kids and so on. However, I know that someone didn't get a job because of information they volunteered (having kids).
The trick US employers have up their sleeves is they’re no required to tell applicants why they missed out.

@Karl Rand Even if they were they would make stuff up, unless you somehow have to make them prove their justification. They could simply say oh we had another applicant with more experience or whatever they want. That being said, I think it is in the best interest of a company to not hire a woman who is a single mother or pregnant, whether it is right or wrong is another subject.
Check out my stuff!

A growing number of larger employers in Europe and Australia are providing in house day care for single mothers. Maybe corporate profits in the US aren’t obscene enough?

Some employers are decent, a very large number aren't... Even dear ol Amazon's warehouse workers have to piss in a bottle to avoid being fired. Of course, they'll tell you that NEVER happens.
Check out my stuff!