Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Attempt to start gay-dating
So theres this guy I have voluneteered with all semester, one day a week. Every week, we would work about three hours together and give eachother the "gay eye" about everytime we worked together. So it was the last day, and I really wanted to give him my number, but never got the chance (chickened out once but ya know). So I ended up facebook messaging him (were fbook friends of course), and gave him my number. He in return gave me his. So today I have been texting him and trying to make small talk and stuff to show him im interested and what not. So this evening, I asked him if he wanted to do something after I got done with dinner and he said his friend just called and he doesn't know what he is doing tonight, but will let me know. Im fairly sure he is blowing me off, but I dunno. This is really new for me and very strange, but im going for a date or something like that soon. Im sure he is probably as nervous (if not more) about it all than I am, mainly because I have been making all the moves (Normal with girls, but I kind of want him to do something -- then again im a little worried he wont and I will miss a great oportunity.) Now, I am 95% certain he likes dudes (gay/bi), but I have never actually asked him personally (not appropriate while volunteering).

Just wanted to share my experience cause there are little people I can comfortably talk about this to. Best to do on a pen name...

I really want to have dinner/hang out before the semester ends, but if he is not feeling it, I wont push it. Not to worried because he will be in the same area over the summer, and it might be easier with less people in the college town. So basically I will wait for him to make the next move, and hope that it is soon (aka dinner tomorrow night).

It's tough to say if he's blowing you off or not. some of my friends are really bad about setting firm plans until last minute, perhaps his is too and he really did have tentative plans he was waiting to get confirmed. Of course I understand not wanting to be pushy as well, and if it happens again perhaps it is a blow off... but I wouldn't assume that just from one time. Good luck.

good point. I guess it was just the way the text convo. went is why I thought it was. But again, we will see if he makes a move in the future. ill update if anything happens Smile

I wish you luck soudnds like you like him Smile Still I doubt hes blowing you off. Its a one time thing if he keeps it up then yeah or maybe hes just really busy

only advice i can give hunni is listen to your heart as it knows what to do....

I would just go to a gay bar and let them hit on you its the breeding ground

I would if the closest one wasn't 2 hours away..

I know what you mean by not having anyone to talk to about gay issues. His response when you called him sounded like he was blowing you off. If he were interested in you I would think he'd jump at the chance to spend time with you or if he was really busy he'd offer an alternate time to get together. Of course, you never know when there might be other things keeping him from getting together with you....a boyfriend or girlfriend? You never can tell. Did he sound nervous or like he was trying to get rid of you? Was he different towards you after you called him? Did he turn cold towards you? That might tell you something right there. However, if he still looks at you all the time and is still friendly, I'd flirt a little and keep dropping hints about doing something together and see where it goes.

Maybe you're reading him wrong. There are times when we want someone so much that we read people wrong. Been there. Done that.

The best thing to do would be to just talk to him; which is easier said than done. When I want to talk to someone about my feelings or my sexual orientation, my fear isn't so much about what he might think, but that he might tell someone. It may sound dumb, but I broke the ice one time by complaining that my back hurt and that I wish I had someone to give me a back massage. If the guy is into you he might jump at the chance to help you with something that sounds perfectly harmless. It's an ice breaker. The guy i said that too was interested in me and offered to give me a massage. Before I knew it we were playng around in bed.

You're right about possibly missing a chance with him if he is really into you. At least you're still young and have a place where you can meet guys like you. Not sure if this info was of any good to you, but i wish you luck.