Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealing with a Player/Charmer
I used to work with a guy who had been trying to play me into bed when I first came out, he was bi but only interested in men for the sex. He had a gay brother already who didn't know this and eventually he wanted to start his own family.

I liked the guy at the beginning and we got on really well, but knew there was something about him that wasn't quite right. Over the course of the next 2-3 months we went on the occasional date, all the usual stuff but normally involving little to no alcohol. Because of my hunch anything that involved contact was avoided whenever possible.

One day I was in work and a friend came up to me asking to speak with me somewhere quiet, I was told an interesting story how I was just going to be a piece of ass that he wanted to use and then walk away with a nice story to tell everyone else in our workplace. Rather then be shocked I laughed out loud and went back to my desk and continued to do my work.

The guy came over to me when my colleague had left his desk and started talking about our next night out and gave some explicit hints about what we could get up to. I decided to play along and suggested we started the night with some nice food at a really nice upper class style country pub around 15 miles away from where we were, we also arranged that I would drive us as it was pointless to take 2 cars.

The night came and I turned up at his with my car as I said I would, he actually made a real effort to impress that night and was dressed for the occasion. We discussed some "hot" subjects when eating and I learned that he had left his phone and wallet at home and only brought enough cash for the meal. This became the ideal moment for me to let this guy know that I wasn't being played by such an idiot. We finished and got the bill, he suggested that I go get the car while he paid for the meal, so I left the table and made my way out of the pub. I then got in my car and waited a moment to give it enough time, once I saw that he was leaving the pub I started the car and just drove away. I watched the guys face as I drove home and left him standing there outside the pub.

I was stood with my friend the next day in work talking about what happened when he appeared, I started getting rather aggressive comments from the guy with numerous gay slurs. I stood up now there was an audience, looked at him and just said "Know your target before you attempt to play them" and walked out of the office for my lunch.

I never heard or saw the guy after that, he had amassed complaints because of this and there was apparent email evidence that he was harassing guys in the workplace. I didn't feel one little but sorry for the guy, his nature of playing people ended up burning him in the end. I bet to this day he regrets this as I believe he now has sexual harassment charges.