Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Swim Meet and A Suprise
The board reads; Event 33, Heat 2. I get up to go get ready. I'm suprisingly not nervous, during warm-up I was getting ready to throw up from the nervousness that was consuming me. I guess it was I knew where I was headed. I knew where I was going and how it would end. Knowing can be a blessing but also curse. I put my cap on, slipped my goggles on. The board now read; Event 34, Heat 1. The whistle blew and I stood upon the block. The refere yelled 'Take your mark!' I knelt down and prepared for what I knew was beautiful. The buzzer buzzed. I took leap and within seconds the whole world ceased to exist. Nothing held me to it expect my pure exileration of this new but so familiar and unreal world that so many miss out on. I scream loudly on the inside 'Go! Pull! Go! Pull! Go!' as I raise my head periodically to breath I see my coaches cheering me on. I knew I was far ahead of my competitors but I didn't slow. I drew my finally breath before I took the plunge to the greatest part of this world. Hearing only one sound, low, deep, and rumbling. The power of my legs porpelling me off the wall as I slam them against the cross on the wall. I screamed loudly inside 'I'm doing it! I'm winning!'. That final leg was a marvel that cannot be explained or matched by anything or anyone. I drew gasps of air as I sat on the wall, waiting for the others to reach it. I read my time 32.12seconds. I waited for the next heat to begin. The whistle blew and the other compititors dove in. I drew myself up out of the water. Approached by a team mate who I have only seen once or twice 'Great job!' he said. I smiled and nodded and walked away to my family. I sat there messing around with my brother but yet this boy is in the back of my mind and I'm thinking 'Who is this? What is it?'

The board read; Event 39, Heat 2. I got up and got ready for my third and finally event of the night. But this boy again approaches me. 'Your name is ______ right?' he asked. I replied a yes. 'What is it!?' I asked myself impaitiently. I looked him over, he had a nice body. Good hair. Beautiful blue eyes. But yet I couldn't figure out what it was about him that was compelling me to hug him. Though I did not, I wanted to. He even challenged me to beat me his last time for this exact event. I didn't beat it. But he still smiled big and said 'Good job!' I fought with 'No I did bad, my turns where crappy'. But yet he still only smiled and said 'No, you did good!' I still wanted to hug me. To feel his heat against my wet body. Then he said 'I hope you get moved up soon so we can swim together.' He smiled.

My first swim meet was amazing and awesome. With a little suprise in it

Good for you.

Well done, happy for you.

What a joy to see "cheerful" as your mood. I hope it continues. Bighug

Great story mate, thank you so much for sharing...and when someone say's you have done a good job, they usually mean it.

Keep up the good work mate Wink

I wasn't sure if something could make me smile today, but you certainly did it with your story.
Yes, good job, SadSilence. I am very happy for you Bighug
Thank you for coming back and sharing the story with us.