Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Time Gay And Proud
Hello everybody,

From gay shame to gay pride, homosexuality has seemingly come a long way since the days of gay lib. But has it really?
I'm making a short documentary celebrating all things gay in conjunction with the National Gay Pride March and I'd like to hear the voice of who is tired of hiding in the closet and want to tell the world - I'm proud of being gay. If this is you, please contact me. You can help hundreds of other people who are still scared of being judged by telling your story.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

fenton

fentonlucky Wrote:Hello everybody,

From gay shame to gay pride, homosexuality has seemingly come a long way since the days of gay lib. But has it really?
I'm making a short documentary celebrating all things gay in conjunction with the National Gay Pride March and I'd like to hear the voice of who is tired of hiding in the closet and want to tell the world - I'm proud of being gay. If this is you, please contact me. You can help hundreds of other people who are still scared of being judged by telling your story.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

fenton

Fenton, I guess you could just skim through the threads and probably find the information that you are looking for. There is a coming out thread somewhere. A thread in which most people from this site have given some account of their coming out (or not). Are you looking for different stories to illustrate your documentary?

[COLOR="Purple"]Hi Fenton, also wonder what medium youre using.

If you are working in film/video it is gonna be rather difficult to interview those outside your immediate area....

Good luck in your project.[/COLOR]

Thanks guys for your replies. I would be shooting on HD and of course finding contributors in the UK would be simpler for me, but if I find a good representative story for my project I could travel to the US.

And yes, reading the thread on 'coming out of the closet' was very helpful and touching at the same time, but I'm looking for a subject who is willing to tell his story on camera, or even better who wants to be filmed when revealing his family and friends about his sexuality. This could be very inspiring for many people who are still hiding in the closet. If you know of anyone who's be interested to feature in the Doc please let me know.

All the best to you all.

fenton

I would be on camera if I live close near-ish but i live in New Zealand I'm an out you gay proud teen at the age of 16. I'v knowen that I'm gay since around the age of twelve. I was sick of being in the closet sick of trying to be straight. All of my friends love me cos im gay. there was a time at school where I got called straight. Apprently I was just saying that I was gay to get close to girls. I do get teased at school but it dosent affect me. And I just love being gay different unique!

XyxwaveWelcome Fenton Welcome to the club. Being out for the first time at 67 years old is GREAT just wish I came out at a younger age. Now I am out and proud to all. Oh what a relief it is!!!
Wish you the best on your project.

Fenton I like your idea i think its good that you can help individual find them self by showing other that there is people like them. The only issue is I wish it were that easy especially for people in the middle east where homosexuality is punishable by lashing even death in some instances. I hope your video inspire enough people to help everyone.