Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First gay love interest
Invite him out for drinks or coffee. Sit and chat in person. I never bought into "they are just getting out of a long term relationship." We're men, we're gay, & face it we're easy. If you guys hit it off decide where you want to go from there...

back to your place or out to dinner

I've never had problems being up front with gay men. However, I did make a good gay friend from a guy I met off the net for drinks.

drobs Wrote:I never bought into "they are just getting out of a long term relationship." We're men, we're gay, & face it we're easy.

stereotyping a bit there , aren't you ?
some people (including gay men , shockingly) become involved in very serious long term relationships that don't work out for whatever reason . not all men , gay or straight , can come out of something like that and easily jump into bed (or a relationship) with someone else.

megumidesu Wrote:stereotyping a bit there , aren't you ?
some people (including gay men , shockingly) become involved in very serious long term relationships that don't work out for whatever reason . not all men , gay or straight , can come out of something like that and easily jump into bed (or a relationship) with someone else.

Well if the two of you meet in person and all he does is talk about his ex this and ex that then there is a good chance he is not ready for any kind of relationship with you and now you can move on.

Not very difficult. Either you have something in comon or you don't. Real life face to face will tell you more about a person than internet communication.

drobs Wrote:Well if the two of you meet in person and all he does is talk about his ex this and ex that then there is a good chance he is not ready for any kind of relationship with you and now you can move on.

Not very difficult. Either you have something in comon or you don't. Real life face to face will tell you more about a person than internet communication.

Some people aren't ready to go into another relationship after a split though, regardless of whether they talk/think about their ex a lot or not. I didn't go on and on about my ex and I haven't been inclined to date again for over a year because I haven't felt like it was a good time to.

Some of the most honest people I've known have been people I've spoken to over the internet, I've met too many people in the "real world" who have been incredibly dishonest about themselves. What you're talking about isn't from a perspective of where you see this person (face to face or over the internet), but how people portray themselves.

Hank, sometimes people say and think that they are not ready for a relationship because they are on the rebound. It's true that many will need that time to readjust and to be ready to go out on the dating scene again, but sometimes things hit you before you can realise it, and the love affair that you thought you would put off ''until you were ready'' starts without you having time to say STOP... So just hang in there, be the friend he needs and try to arrange for a meeting where you can at least listen to his woes and worries and without trying to push your agenda forward, let things fall into place. If it's meant to be, it will happen.

I just saw Brokeback Mountain and it was so romantic. I felt so bad about how they wanted to be together so much but can't be together. Is there any gay romantic movie that you know would give you that feeling of love.

Shelter (2007)

Boy Culture

keep away ,keep love..