Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First thoughts of GaySpeak members
Somehow I don't pay much attention to new members. Sometimes I say hi to those who are introducing themselves, but I don't think about how long they'll stick around.

it depends on there introduction post but you dont form an opinion on just that, you need to post post post and sometimes a picture emerges of a person but it will never be the real thing,

Considering that many start off their visit here with a "HELP!!!!" Thread, my usual first thought is 'this isn't going to end well.'

Of course that isn't thinking about them, that is their situation - but is typically my 'first thought' about/surrounding a poster.

I usually wait a while before I form a judgment opinion about a person. A single introduction is by no means sufficient information in order to execute a person, we have to have a kangaroo court and a hung jury first.Xyxthumbs

I do try to live my life by the 'judge not, lest ye be judged' philosophy.

I have different thoughts about different individuals that are here depends on the person. Mostly good thoughts. I admit there are a very few individuals who have posted on these forms that I have a very low 'opinion of'.

and if you are fishing for what my thoughts are on you - lets just say the jury is still out..... :biggrin:

I never share what I think of someone unless it's in a one on one situation and my opinion of them is good; or at the very least, I can think of delivering what I think of them in a way they wont take offence to.

I just think its nice to have new members ,,, some post lots and some don't ,,,but it is nice when I get a feel of how that person is through many posts though ,,, like their fave music/films etc

I wait and see, to see if they actually start posting or not. Most will make one or two posts, then you never hear from them again.

Some will be super nice. Some are intelligent.

Other ones will be nice to you for a while..... then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, they show their "real colors" -- carnivorous, vicious, "so and so's".

MisterTinkles Wrote:I wait and see, to see if they actually start posting or not. Most will make one or two posts, then you never hear from them again.

Other ones will be nice to you for a while..... then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, they show their "real colors" -- carnivorous, vicious, "so and so's".

I am sorry MisterTinkles

I will try to be nicer from now on Cute-kitten-sorry

I dunno..

I don't really judge people by their e-persona's. I remember
when I used to be active in this music forum I got to be really close
friends [online and irl] with most of the people that posted on the
forum.

We all saw each other outside the forums and some stayed true
to their e-personality, but most were quite the opposite.

mbennet35 Wrote:I am sorry MisterTinkles

I will try to be nicer from now on Cute-kitten-sorry

Yeah, right!!!!!!
This is as about as vicious as you could ever get....

[Image: 200.gif]
:hugs-and-kisses-smi

justbry87 Wrote:I dunno..

I don't really judge people by their e-persona's. I remember
when I used to be active in this music forum I got to be really close
friends [online and irl] with most of the people that posted on the
forum.

We all saw each other outside the forums and some stayed true
to their e-personality, but most were quite the opposite.

I'm curious, in what way are were they different?

Speaking for myself, my GaySpeak identity certainly isn't a false one, but I do find that certain aspects of my personality here are accentuated, while others hide a bit more in the background, but it's not intentional, nor am I ever insincere (unless obviously so when I'm being sarcastic).

I'd be curious how someone's impression of from here would alter. I think a lot of people that I encounter in real life assume I'm an unapproachable asshole, but that's only because strangers intimidate me, and what I'm probably thinking is "PLEASE talk to me!!! I want a friend!!!"