Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time at a gay club
Hey everyone. I'm not out to anyone except to one or two people and I have been desperately wanting to spend time with other guys. Is going to a gay club a good idea or bad idea? Will it be too much for me to handle, especially since I am so shy and not really out to anyone? Just wanted to get some advice.

personally i would not go this way.
pick a club that meets your needs, go there early and have a beer cocktail at the bar. Like it stay, no leave, maybe come back there another day...

You will probably be curious about it until you go so may as well give it a try. More people regret the things they didn't do than the things they did do.

It's like going to the mall - if you don't like it - you can always leave; it's really not a big deal.

Since you live in Atlanta, you will have plenty of clubs to choose from. Like Pellaz says, read the reviews on the clubs you are considering and pick one that sounds good to you.

Theres always other options instead of throwing yourself into a club, you could always check out the local LGBT hangouts rather then a club unless you're wanting "fun".

I like clubs for music and drinks, and shows if they have them...and even "dick dancers" (strippers) if they have those.

I dont go to bars to meet people or pick up anybody. I go to have fun and just be out someplace.

Go find one you like and dont worry about anything else, except having fun being out doing something.

There a nice club in Dallas with a upstairs lounge that overlooks the dance floor. I love to sit up there in the big overstuffed chairs and listen to the music, have my drink on, and watch the videos.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I like clubs for music and drinks, and shows if they have them...and even "dick dancers" (strippers) if they have those.

I dont go to bars to meet people or pick up anybody. I go to have fun and just be out someplace.

Go find one you like and dont worry about anything else, except having fun being out doing something.

There a nice club in Dallas with a upstairs lounge that overlooks the dance floor. I love to sit up there in the big overstuffed chairs and listen to the music, have my drink on, and watch the videos.

Same with me. I don't go to bars to meet new people either. In fact I hardly ever go out to bars at all.

I'm new on the gay dating scene and just joined a local gay hiking club. It currently has 121 members. My point is that I'm going to do something that I enjoy anyways and I think that there's more chances of me meeting someone like minded with similar interests than at a bar. The worst that could happen is that I don't meet that special someone I'm looking for, but I still have a great day outdoors with some neat people, and no hangovers.

I think its healthy for everyone to experience the "Scene" at least once in their life, but be warned its not for everyone, and any preconceived ideas you may have could lead to a huge disappointment.

As the other guys have said, do some online research first or you could end up in a club that exploits your naivety and shyness (Im trying to be polite here)

LGBT support groups are a great source of social activity. Looking there first would be a great first step Smile

ObW
X

I mainly go to gay clubs because I like dancing. I'm a hopeless introvert, and am incredibly stupid when it comes to picking up signals from other gay guys. I know when a guy's interested, but I'm just too shy to do anything about it. I'd say go to a club, just to experience it, but you'd be better off going with friends if that was possible.

its an excellent idea!

you will take your first step into a larger world Big Grin