Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitness & exercise
It's always nice to hear and read things like Jackbone and Rareboy have written. I don't share their problem with weight but know people who have and have seen the way losing weight, becoming healthier and all the secondary physical benefits don't amount to anything next to the "unseen" benefits that effect attitude, self image, overall motivation and enthusiasm for life in general.

My problem is just the opposite. Right now I healthy get loads of exercise and quit jogging 2 years ago and took up full fledged running at least once a day when weather permits and maybe three times a day. My issue is gaining weight. At 185 I'm skinny and would like to build back up to 220 mostly in arms, chest and legs... but it's not going to happen. The main thing is being healthy and what it does for me mentally to be in good shape even if I don't seem myself as being prime.

Virge Wrote:My problem is just the opposite. Right now I healthy get loads of exercise and quit jogging 2 years ago and took up full fledged running at least once a day when weather permits and maybe three times a day. My issue is gaining weight. At 185 I'm skinny and would like to build back up to 220 mostly in arms, chest and legs... but it's not going to happen. The main thing is being healthy and what it does for me mentally to be in good shape even if I don't seem myself as being prime.

Yes, I think you would need to stop much of that cardio and eat a lot while lifting in order to get that. A guy at my gym is a skinny too ("hard-gainer") and he said he's put on 20 pounds of muscle so far. It's interesting to see people moving in the opposite direction but with similar goals Smile

After much practice and getting it close, I was finally able to hold myself in a horizontal plank with just my arms for about 10 seconds the other day. I had my workout buddy take a pic to bear witness of the feat. No one else believed me.

It felt good. Then the next day came and my arms rebelled against me...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Congratulations. It's true what they say: "No pain, no gain"
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

dynamodean Wrote:After much practice and getting it close, I was finally able to hold myself in a horizontal plank with just my arms for about 10 seconds the other day. I had my workout buddy take a pic to bear witness of the feat. No one else believed me.

That's amazing! Well done!

Great work, Derek! Next time make a video.

dynamodean Wrote:After much practice and getting it close, I was finally able to hold myself in a horizontal plank with just my arms for about 10 seconds the other day. I had my workout buddy take a pic to bear witness of the feat. No one else believed me.

Impressive. Yea vengeance follows. I'm a 48-hour guy. I upped my game on leg day for the first time in a while last week and two days later I was Very. Aware. Of. It.

Last night was my leg day. I did super set. Squat continues with dumbbell walking lunges. Felt like crying on the last set of lunges.

But it was worth it.

[Image: IMG_1456__zpse373cdea.jpg]