Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Five hundred years from now!!!!
It is now 2011 and we are in the midst of a new revolution called the internet. One of the biggest parts of this new culture includes 900 million gay sites on the net. Over the next 500 years tens of thousands of theses and dissertations are going to be written about this new phenomenon.

What do the members of GaySpeak want to say to gay men of the future.

Well being gay in the 21st century in many Western Countries is certainly better than being gay in the first half of the 20th century and earlier. Homophobia is still alive and kicking but compared to the past well there is no comparison. And for the Internet, it's revolutionised the way we live our lives the way we are able to communicate with people from right across the globe in almost an instance and to make friends right across the world.

Hello,
I think in the future life will be alot different in alot of ways... I know some parts of the world dont accept us as us but i do know that within the last 50 years the attitude in britian has changed beyond beleief... In 1960's being gay was de criminalised and people have slowly accepted that gay people do exists... Of course people today still live in the fear of rejection from friends neighbours family enemies etc however that will be the same in 500 years to come but we will be more understanding of ourselves in 2512 AD