Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flabergasted
Well I never been self conscious I've always been stocky, but since my dumbass got on grindr I only get like 70 year olds or 19 year olds message me, well it seems that nobody I like is attracted to me they say oh you're handsome, and I'm well endowed but, when I send a full body because I am stocky they block me. But at the same time I've lost over 100 pounds in the last couple years but I got like 20 lbs left but I guess I'm just flummoxed over it

First off well done for loosing weight. Don't let people blocking you put you off. Some people can be shallow. Looks doesn't really mattter it's how the person is on the inside.
An eye for an eye

That weight loss is an awesome accomplishment, man.

That said? Apps like Grindr are extremely superficial in their presentation and usage. It's unrealistic, but it fosters a community of individuals looking for "their ideal" to fuck. Anyone that doesn't fit that "ideal" is often shunned as a result.

Dan1980 Wrote:First off well done for loosing weight. Don't let people blocking you put you off. Some people can be shallow. Looks doesn't really mattter it's how the person is on the inside.

Those who didn't need to lose weight, although our metabolisms may differ in the way they process food, don't understand what food has meant to some of us who've struggled with our identities and sexual orientation. The mind is a complex thing, and we all need time to process whatever it is that makes us use food as compensation for feeling inadequate, or that creates that necessary barrier to buffer slurs and verbal aggression, for instance.

The fact the original poster has lost 100 pounds says a lot about his courage and how much more comfortable in his mind and in his body he must be. But the struggle is not over yet, as he sees himself rejected on account of a body image that is more prevalent in the population than the media lets us think it is amongst the gay population.

Well done for losing that weight, and don't worry, the right person will turn up, who won't judge you for your present body but will recognise the struggle, the effort and the weight loss. For starters, this is surely so much better for you, healthwise. I would suggest you now concentrate on all your other qualities, and if you can do something to look more attractive physically, it may be something like changing haircuts, or choosing your clothes and accessories more carefully, or wearing colours that you are comfortable wearing etc. Women have pretty well refined this aspect of life, so maybe you could ask them for tips? Of course you could also get some sexy underwear. He'll be lucky, he who gets to discover what that is.

Good luck, [MENTION=24069]Burnout420[/MENTION]