Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat Earth
Well for some reason I felt it would be necessary to explain that I'm not publishing the interview for all the reasons, wind noise, rambling on and not proving any factual information or a good argument, talking over me and cutting me off to say the least. Of course, I doubt he would have seen it that way and would have been a big argument so the best course of action is to do nothing at all. Although I did talk about it in my latest episode but didn't use any clips.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(05-08-2021, 08:53 AM)ChadCoxRox Wrote: I listened to your latest and was sincerely encouraged that your scrapped it. I certainly hope you won't give any further thought of giving any further attention to that dumb shit. Ugh. Just listening to your description left me feeling just how beneath you it must have been. It's like holding on to a belief the 2020 election removing the CheetoJesus from office was stolen from him.
Bighug

lol Cheeto Jesus... You know, one of my former employers is one of those people. They also screwed me out of 4 years of social security taxes. Unfortunately since I don't have the W2's or the tax returns from all those years ago I can't really do much about it. Basically, the W2's showed I paid social security tax and thuis he would have shown on his books that he paid his contribution. Except social security doesn't show that they received anything. So, it would seem that he cooked the books and possibly embezzled the money that the was deducting from my paycheck. Either way, the guy is a piece of shit and not surprised by his political views. He added me on Facebook out of the blue which I initially accepted and seen all that trump crap and this was like last month... I'm like it's over, it's been over. Not saying that Biden is great but I can't imagine the shit show it would be if Trump had got a second term.

What were we talking about? Flat earth that's right...

I'd like to think that there might be a good argument for it but I have yet to hear one that made me think you know I can see that, but instead I always get anecdotal evidence and 18th century science that has been disproved, outdated or severely flawed... Unfortunately, most people can't discern the difference between a good or bad study/scientific experiment to save their life. Simply put the average person doesn't know enough, just as I don't know enough to put up a good enough argument about the earth being round. Even if I had time to prepare for such a debate I don't think it is one I want to put my energy in. Like you said, I feel that it is beneath me to discuss something like this.

It would be awesome to discuss things like the meaning of life, our purpose and other existential things that aren't easy to answer or really there's not much room for wrong answers. I really do wonder about people who feel so strongly that they somehow know the "truth." Makes me a bit weary and for good reason.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(05-08-2021, 02:32 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: It would be awesome to discuss things like the meaning of life, our purpose and other existential things that aren't easy to answer or really there's not much room for wrong answers. I really do wonder about people who feel so strongly that they somehow know the "truth." Makes me a bit weary and for good reason.

Many people do not have any practiced ego strength and their inner child or parent runs the show. I've read and heard you make the same statement about being weary for good reason of people who feel so strongly that they somehow know the "truth." If this really does bother you that much I'd suggest trying to see how they decide and choose their "truth" beliefs from an angle of compassion. You can't fix or change them, especially for your own good intent, but you can develop that ability to let their dumb shit go and lovingly take action toward not allowing your own need for understanding to be dictated by their apparent failure. So many stuck without healthy egos have been indoctrinated and have learned to accept an "easy out" that relinquishes their own responsibility for sorting through what they fear or refuse to even try understanding. Knowing one doesn't know is part of advanced ego development, not the fodder of sheeple.
Big Grin
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

Hey Mike, thanks for sending me the link.

Well, I listened to the first hour. I may listen to the rest at some point but I doubt it  Big Grin

I mean, he seems like a nice guy, who genuinely believes in what he's talking about. But I was left with the impression that it's not just the flat earth theory that makes up his world view paradigm. I detected a few other popular conspiracy theories weaved into his current perception of reality.

He seemed to base his flat earth beliefs on this graph of the zodiac he was talking about, which I didn't really understand, and also based on assumptions that NASA fake live satellite feeds from orbit, and such like. I'm glad you mentioned the seasons, that's exactly where my mind was going too lol. If the earth was flat then how, and who, would be controlling that?
I've been up in airplanes and I've seen the curvature of the earth for myself on numerous occasions. It's really noticeable looking out a window at 40,000 feet. 

There's so much that doesn't get addressed, like planetary formation for one; accumulated accretion of dust and particles eventually forming chunks of rocks, that get pulled together by gravitational attraction, and when they get to a certain mass gravity forces them into a sphere shape to form planets.

Why does he think North Korea is a hoax, and nuclear weapons aren't real?
He didn't go into an explanation as to why he thinks that, just said we only see the same reels of film on newsfeeds. 

Way too much generalisations really that have no factual grounding. It was entertaining though, I could almost feel your frowns through the audio lol  Big Grin
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

There's over 333,000 pilots in the aviation industry and in the US alone there was over 666,000 licensed pilots in 2019. Airplanes are yet to be fully automated like some self-driving cars are, so it'd be impossible for airplane pilots to plot course from one side of the planet to the other without taking the curvature of the Earth into consideration, otherwise their calculation for time and fuel would be way off.

We would be looking at every single licensed pilot in the world plus everyone in most of the world's militaries to be in cahoots, and for what? So NASA can exist? NASA gets less than half of 1% of the budget, I wish they got more. Fuck, if it were up to me, we'd spend every penny after healthcare and education on space.

The plot from John Carpenter's They Live makes more sense than flatearthers, and that was a parody.

[Image: Bgfz.gif]

(05-08-2021, 09:11 PM)Bookworm Wrote: There's so much that doesn't get addressed, like planetary formation for one; accumulated accretion of dust and particles eventually forming chunks of rocks, that get pulled together by gravitational attraction, and when they get to a certain mass gravity forces them into a sphere shape to form planets.

Why does he think North Korea is a hoax, and nuclear weapons aren't real?
He didn't go into an explanation as to why he thinks that, just said we only see the same reels of film on newsfeeds. 

Way too much generalisations really that have no factual grounding. It was entertaining though, I could almost feel your frowns through the audio lol  Big Grin

That's my problem with it, there's a lot that doesn't get addressed just as you mentioned but I simply wasn't prepared or was I expecting all that. As far as his beliefs about North Korea, I'm not sure but he seems to think that it is in reality an advanced civilization that is being kept hidden from the rest of us if I can recall. But yeah, too many generalizations. I was getting pretty frustrated at times and honestly I did tune out at times.

(05-08-2021, 10:24 PM)Chase Wrote: There's over 333,000 pilots in the aviation industry and in the US alone there was over 666,000 licensed pilots in 2019. Airplanes are yet to be fully automated like some self-driving cars are, so it'd be impossible for airplane pilots to plot course from one side of the planet to the other without taking the curvature of the Earth into consideration, otherwise their calculation for time and fuel would be way off.

We would be looking at every single licensed pilot in the world plus everyone in most of the world's militaries to be in cahoots, and for what? So NASA can exist? NASA gets less than half of 1% of the budget, I wish they got more. Fuck, if it were up to me, we'd spend every penny after healthcare and education on space.

The plot from John Carpenter's They Live makes more sense than flatearthers, and that was a parody.

[Image: Bgfz.gif]

The irony is that I brought up John Carpenter's They Live lol He also brought up that it was a conspiracy to steal our tax money and I brought up that same point that NASA is such a small part of the budget and so forth.
Check out my stuff!