Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flu Shot
i will have my first ever flu jab done soon

If you're vaccinated, then what the fuck are you worrying about about?

1and1 Wrote:If you're vaccinated, then what the fuck are you worrying about about?
Ze Plague..
Ze Plague. .

[Image: image.jpg?w=400&c=1]

Every year,,, my doctor corners me and physically forces me to get a flu shot.

If he wasn't so cute, I'd fight back!!!!

And,, I always tell him to be gentle when putting that BIG hard needle in me... <snicker>.....

It's just me,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Every year,,, my doctor corners me and physically forces me to get a flu shot.

If he wasn't so cute, I'd fight back!!!!

And,, I always tell him to be gentle when putting that BIG hard needle in me... <snicker>.....

It's just me,
Jim

among other things you like to be probed with! tehehehe

Flu shots are unnecessary, unless you have really messed up immunity. There are a lot more serious things you need to vaccinate against.

I have never nor will ever get a flu shot short of being physically forced.
1. they cost
2. they dont feel great
3. everyone says they get sick right after
4. I dont trust medication in any form but needle form most of all
5. I have only had the flu once in my life

I just take care of myself, vit c, and zinc and I get sick < once a year.
You may say im a crazy but some vaccines have been linked to narcolepsy and other big negatives.
Its so much easier/safer to simply wash hands regularly, eat a good diet and take vitamins/avoid other sick individuals. keep disinfectant handy etc..

1and1 Wrote:If you're vaccinated, then what the fuck are you worrying about about?

the vaccine is not a cure or total protection - its the best attempt by the world health authority to guess which variant of flu will strike this year and thus make a vaccine to counter that strain/or mix of strains - and as the flu kills hundreds of thousands per year world wide then its probably prudent to still be fucking worried

having asthma myself means flu can take me out like im nothing so im fucking worried also

I personally don't vaccinate against the flu but I do see the necessity, but more so for folks are more susceptible or might really have a problem if they got the flu. I can't remember when the last time I had the flu. I recently had the common cold, when it set in my throat was on fire...thought I had something more serious, but by the end of the week it was pretty much gone.

The thing is about those illnesses is that it seems like a bunch of bullshit until you do get the flu and it kicks your ass for the next two weeks. Some people, no big deal, you get over it while other people it could potentially kill or put someone in the hospital.

The you have people who don't know the difference between the flu or a cold...yes they do exist. So I don't think we will ever be able to eradicate the flu like other illnesses with "herd" immunity, I don't think we can get 95-100% of people to vaccinate then there are so many different variants of the virus, different ones each year.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Appreciate the feedback.

Unless of course there's a bad reaction, I'm still of the mind that it's better to receive the flu vaccination than not. (Thank you, Jenny McCarthy.) Maybe it's even psychosomatic but I sincerely believe it gives my immune system the extra boost it needs during the season.

And....preventive measures outlined in post # 1 go triple for colds (you know who you are).

Think you.