Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footage of a time traveller in 1928?
'Time traveller' caught at 1928 Chaplin film premiere - Yahoo!7

I found this on another forum and I wanted to share it with everyone on this forum. You think this is a time traveller? I don't think so at all.

I think the person has a hearing aid. It can't be a cell phone.

I would suggest an ear trumpet, below is an example.

[Image: 2634356.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=45B0EB3...318981C9EF]

You may be right. The woman in that footage is probably deceased by now, so only she would know what she had in that video. It's most likely not a time traveller. I still think it's a hearing aid.

Concealed Hearing Devices of the 20th Century

[Image: 3003028301_01d3d382f5.jpg]

I SAW this clip on a morning news show. I was shocked initially, and then I came to my senses as I rationalized it to being a hoax, and a doctored video.But the thought it provokes is scary, entertaining, and questionable.

It's clear that she has an ear trumpet or hearing aid. We will never know. Obviously, the woman is not going to step forth and tell the world that it was her hearing aid or ear trumpet since she's obviously not alive.

Of course she's a time traveller. I think she's just on the phone ordering a takeaway for when she gets back to her own time.

If it is a cellphone I want to know what service provider she has. I barely get one bar inside of my aluminum clad house... I bet a cellphone that one can get service on well before cell towers were built would manage at least 2 bars in my house.

Wink

I love this story so much. I'm not even going to ponder on possible explanations because I want it to be true! Then maybe I too can travel back to Hollywood during its golden age. I'd definitely be calling everyone up and saying 'Guess where (when?) I am!!' Xyxthumbs:biggrin:

The person could not use a cell phone because you need, to have and transport through time a complete mobile communication network and infrastucture to make of a cell phone in 1928. And who was on the other end, unless she was checking her stock options.

In 1924, Siemens had patented a small compact, pocket size carbon microphone/amplifier device suitable for pocket instruments. Could she have been using a similar device.

Quote:The person could not use a cell phone because you need, to have and transport through time a complete mobile communication network and infrastucture to make of a cell phone in 1928.
Rose Tyler, Martha Jones and Donna Noble might beg to differ ... Wink