Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For all you materialists
We see the new something advertised that we've lusted after for months, and we have to have it. We order it. Oh, boy! We see the UPS truck. Oh, Boy! We unpack the item. Oh, boy! We handle it. Oh, boy!

After a few hours, we're wondering what what the upgrade will be like and when it will be available.

http://qz.com/276396/jerry-seinfeld-ripp...est-night/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Materialistic consumers are the BEST!!!

I have a neighbor down the road who buys every conceivable toy there is for his children,,,, AND THEY'RE ALL IN THE FRONT YARD,,, setting there all faded from overexposure to the sun, with weeds growing around them.... He must think these faded toys are some sort of yard ornaments that deserve a special place in his front lawn. Oddly enough,, I never see his kids,, just those old faded toys. These toys represent our materialistic society, they are junk that nobody wants anymore, but they just can't let go of them because they represent the misguided affluence of the owner..
We Have Elvis !!

I don't know if affluence can be misguided but purchases certainly can be.

I never feel this sort of thrill with new acquisitions. Never liked shopping - I even have a hard time getting excited going to Home Depot, or Lowes, or any hardware store... IDK I seem to be missing that genetic code string for material stuff...

I get more excited giving gifts than actually receiving them. The joy or excitement on their face make it so enjoyable.

I haaaate advertisers, specifically adverts. I can imagine a bunch of people sitting in a room saying what good ideas they have and congratulating each other it makes me sick.

I'm fond of nice things, but have pretty much quit shopping for anything but necessities. Thing is that I have nearly everything that I could possibly want and am now wondering what to do with it all when I die. I do some window shopping once in a while just for fun, but not often.
I bid NO Trump!

I am materialistic to a point. I figure when my home is fully furnished and the closets are full, then you stop buying. I stopped buying stuff years ago, my husband on the other hand --- well lets just say he has a hard time turning down a good deal....
We Have Elvis !!

At my age what is there to get excited about.

I already have a place to call home! if it were up to me I would have my house set up like a traditional Japanese home! I love being surrounded with simplicity and with lots and lots of space around me! hate to live in a overly decorated living space!