Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tonsillitis?
Hmm so hope it isn't woke up this morning to find the same uvula swollen like the day before but not as painful, just swollen - I don't snore, have asked and been told that I don't, don't think I have camel breath either as there is none of that nasty pasty tongue build up or pus build up on the tonsils, I've recently heard the news that my aunt had it when I visited on wednesday, thursday is when this started so perhaps I've caught it from her through the air?

mrk2010 Wrote:See I've been getting this quite a lot lately whenever I fall asleep up right in the chair. I know I snore and when I wake up it feels more dangly and I find my saliva harder to swallow, but it always puts itself right. Mmmm I don't know if a trip to the doctors is in order.

I would make an appointment asap.
You do not want to take any unnecessary chances.

Thanks rainbowmum, I woke up this morning and it wasn't swollen, it hasn't been sore and usually at night it flares up but now.. it's night time, and still no issues - heres hoping it's clearing up!

^_^ Good news everyone! It's gone ;D immune system thought it off with the aid of some of your tips/advice

That's great Smile .

I've never even heard or experienced it. Kinda has me scared, cause I'm pretty sure I've never had my tonsils removed, heck I don't even know what they look like :o lol.

I snore, but softly, unless I have a cold, but I never wake up with hard to swallow saliva or anything.

The only time my throat flares up, is if If I stress my voice too much from singing, but that's rare(unless I'm singing really loud :p ).

Maybe I got off lucky? or does this happen for a different reason?

I mean, cause both my lungs collapsed from Pnuemonia(got it twice, one for each lung), for no major reason, other than I sometimes got caught in the rain and happened to develop it those two times really bad. (It won't happen again, cause I got my Bronchial tubes treated-now they're pretty much normal).

I don't need another impediment to my singing :x ... it's my favourite thing to past the time with :p

Good news Midge, so pleased to hear that you are feeling better Wink

I use a hard candy Lozenge brand name Cepacol. I think any hard candy would work.

Great news, so happy:biggrin:

Hehe, well if you've never had it then presumably you'll still have your tonsils QueenOdi - they're basically like two little red balls/lumps at either side of your mouth set at the back of your throat just off to the side(s) of where the uvula is (that dangly thing at the back of your throat above your tongue) heres an image Smile http://www.wellnessonline.com/images/tonsil.jpg