Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For anyone wondering...
Some of you may see post where I post about my insulin pump. Well this is what it looks like. Have to change the site every 2-3 days. Have had it for 12 years (get a new one every 4 years) It cost around 10,000 USD but my insurance covers it.

[Image: bd090521-MedtronicA.gif]

Ah, that point where natural sciences meet engineering....beautiful, beautiful thing...

making a recombinant polypeptide and then merge technology in it...

that's the big dream...Biotechnology

Confusedmile:

The only thing that runs through my mind when you said that, Biochemist Dude, is

We are Borg, you will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Does that sexy belly button come with the pump? Wink

Geminize Wrote:Does that sexy belly button come with the pump? Wink

Hi G

bang on "the button", but if you think that's hot, you should see that's what's above the neck ( and the neck)

I got's a pic! I got's a pic! Hubba-hubba-smiley

Yes (pant, pant pant)

has it become part of your life and who you are now ? pleased to see you sharing as some people are reluctant to discuss medical things - the more who share the more people it may help I guess

It has changed my life in many ways. Such as I leave the house I have to make sure to eat so my blood sugar doesnt drop while I am out. I also have to make sure I have enough Insulin to last me for the day. When making any trips or plans I have to make sure to pack all my medical supplies.

It is also very hard for me to move because I can't lose my insurance because I can not afford to pay for the supplies by myself.

Somedays I forget I have it and its like nothing and other days it really bothers me and I wish more than anything that I didnt have it.

You also forgot to mention the animal(s) in your life that tend to pull out your hose....

Is there a reason why you are on a pump and not the pens?

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:You also forgot to mention the animal(s) in your life that tend to pull out your hose....

Is there a reason why you are on a pump and not the pens?

Pump is more flexible with diet and easier management