Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For art lovers
if you read the topic of this thread REALLY quick, the mind interprets it as 'FART LOVERS'

Just thought I would share Smile

dfiant Wrote:if you read the topic of this thread REALLY quick, the mind interprets it as 'FART LOVERS'

Just thought I would share Smile

LMAO!

Are you a connoisseur of bodily blow orf's?

[Image: fart.jpg]

MisterTinkles Wrote:To me, a great artist is someone who can draw and paint the human body in an emotional state, and have it "come off" to the onlooker as what the artists wants it to "say".

That being said....(and Im taking it that all of the artwork on that webpage was his, since I cant read Spanish)....

This man was obviously a great painter, since he was excellent at painting the human figure, but they all seem to have the same expression on their faces.

I am attracted to the Pastora Imperio 1922 portrait, as this woman in a polka dot dress could be Elizabeth Taylors Spanish twin sister!
[Image: pastoraimperiofd3.jpg]

What amazes me about some of these paintings, is that it looks like the model is standing in front of a painted backdrop....almost a dimensional image standing in front of the backdrop! Maybe its just my eyes playing tricks on me, or maybe he intended it that way, to make the model stand out? For whatever reason, that is brilliant.
[Image: celos1920leosobrelienzoiw1.jpg]
[Image: crdobatorerapoemadecrdowg0.jpg]

As Mr. Spock would say........"fascinating".

Hi MrTinkles. Yes, all the paintings in the webpage are by the same artist.

Your comment about all the models seeming to have the same expression is valid but you have to remember that he was obviously attarcted to the same type of woman and, as I said in my original post, many of the women of Córdoba have these very distinct Córdoban features. Also, in his time, it was not the fashion to depict either men or women smiling so it might well be that you see that as the "same" expression.

As to the backgrounds, once again as I said in my original post, he painted very simple backgrounds, usually just an horizon, a small hill and maybe a tree or, sometime incorporating some distinctive landmark. It's quite possible as you say, that he didn't want to detract the viewer by painting in a too elaborate background. The eye does certainly stay on the model.

Here's a few more of his works.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

These paints by Julio Romero de Torres remind me of the descriptive narratives, of the seven generations of Buendía women, in Gabriel Garcia Marquez book – One Hundred Years of Solitude. Thanks for sharing them.

An interesting observation Missing NYC. I read "Cien Años de Solitud" but many years ago so don't remember his desctriptions of the Buendía wome, but it's interesting how the mind works and makes associations.

I heard somewhare that he had been diagnosed with dementia. I hope that isn't true. That would be a cruel end for such an intelligent man.