Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Bible tells me so
I just finished watching this documentary "For the Bible tells me so".
The movie moved my heart.
I am not a Christian and I was not raised in a culture in which Christianity dominated. Although, I went to church for a while with a Christian family but I had no idea why people in this country (US) are so crazy about homosexuality vs. Christianity.
The documentary explained a lot. You should totally watch it.
Also, prepare a lots of napkins, I cried half of the movie.

Quote:The producers of this movie explore ways of discrediting traditional Biblical teachings concerning homosexuality. They uses anecdotes from families who are friendly or at least resigned to the concept of homosexuality and they gather testimony from liberal clergy who discuss the scriptures. These testimonials are typified by a preacher from the Disciples of Christ who stresses that cannot say what the Bible says; we can only say what it reads. Others profess that scriptures which describe homosexuality as an abomination are morally equivalent to dietary restrictions cited in contiguous but not contextual scriptures. Other arguments against scriptural teachings against homosexuality offer some tortured definitions of of words which deviate greatly from common and long accepted definitions. A good example of this involves the narrator's claim that "natural" actually means "customary." This would substantially alter the meaning and the long accepted view of the word in its context. The producers provide scant attention to opposing viewpoints; it is safe to say that any opposing viewpoints are merely token.

Actually a lot of so called Christians are in for a big Surprise come the Final Judgment.

I used to warn them... I used to care. But they are dead set to meet their second Death. So be it.

God will get them for that and much more.

Thanks for sharing. I am going to watch that. Now to figure out where I can rent it....

"liberal"?:eek:

LIES! ALL LIES!:tongue:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

AirBorn Wrote:Thanks for sharing. I am going to watch that. Now to figure out where I can rent it....
You can watch it on netflix. Use the free 1 month trial lol Big Grin

Genersis Wrote:"liberal"?:eek:

LIES! ALL LIES!:tongue:

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. // If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it"

IMDB.com ("For the Bible tells me so" )
Storyline; We meet five Christian families, each with a gay or lesbian child. Parents talk about their marriages and church-going, their children's childhood and coming out, their reactions, and changes over time. The stories told by these nine parents and four adult children alternate with talking heads - Protestant and Jewish theologians - and with film clips of fundamentalist preachers and pundits and news clips of people in the street. They discuss scripture and biblical scholarship. A thesis of the film is that much of Christianity's homophobia represents a misreading of scripture, a denial of science, and an embrace of quack psychology. The families call for love.

i was thinking it was not till about 300ad+.
The homophobic 323 the Emperor Constantine was converted to christianity and fate was affirmed for homosexuals.

pellaz Wrote:i was thinking it was not till about 300ad+.
The homophobic 323 the Emperor Constantine was converted to christianity and fate was affirmed for homosexuals.

Except while everyone rails against the Christian "mainstream" they SIMULTANEOUSLY neglect to look at the SAME issue from a different PERSPECTIVE!

What does Constantine have to do with, say, MUSLIM discrimination towards homosexuality?

Could it be the gay community is JUST AS guilty of jumping to conclusions and making leaps of faith that involve some pretty fragile logic.

Something to think about?

Except while everyone

Um...you just said "everyone" as though "everyone" felt and acted one way. If my memory serves me correctly only a few of us actually had a problem with Catholics...the majority of people here agree with YOU! Are they not part of the "gay community"?

...and how can you even talk about other people jumping to conclusions when your opening remark is a HUGE jump?

East Wrote:Except while everyone

Um...you just said "everyone" as though "everyone" felt and acted one way. If my memory serves me correctly only a few of us actually had a problem with Catholics...the majority of people here agree with YOU! Are they not part of the "gay community"?

...and how can you even talk about other people jumping to conclusions when your opening remark is a HUGE jump?

It's called a "figure of speech."

Context is everything.