Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the DIY enthusiast who has everything
Well, almost everything. You'll not be using this to build a house, but for light work, it looks pretty good. The design is amazing - so much in such a small space. Kinda pricey though

http://mashable.com/2016/04/03/cordless-...Ag_u2RBZqa

http://cel-global.com/robox.php?id=27&lang=en
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I bought one of Ryobi's all-in-one work box's back in 2001 or 2002. It was handy for small projects where you needed the cordless functionality (off grid). I think I paid somewhere around $450 for it.

This new one has more tools than the old one, which makes it usable for a larger variety of projects.

The only drawback is the length of time you can use the battery before it needs to be recharged. I kept a couple extra (charged) batteries so I wouldn't have to stop my project and wait for a battery to recharge.

Jack-of-all-trades,
Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!

I'd buy one but I have so many tools already and in any case, I do very little DIY these days.

LONDONER Wrote:I'd buy one but I have so many tools already and in any case, I do very little DIY these days.

I'm slowing down on the DIY projects also.

Last spring I had to have three stitches put in my hand because I became complacent about where my fingers were located while using a gas hedge trimmer!!! Ten years ago, that wouldn't have happened.

My reflexes aren't what they used to be,,, which makes me a hazard to myself (and possibly others) when operating anything more complex than a knife, fork, and spoon (smile).

Now,,, I think I'll grab my chain saw,, get in the car,, and see what kind of hell I can raise in the neighborhood.. (fleeeeeeeeeeeee)

Sin-cerely,
Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!

Stick with the spoon, Jim. I have found the knife and fork to be tricky. As a matter of fact they were pretty much worthless the last time I tried to roast marshmallows in a blast furnace.

I have a flashlight that uses a rechargeable battery like unto that system, Londoner. It is the best thing ever given to tired old eyes! The beam is close enough to blinding that it qualifies as a self defense weapon.
I bid NO Trump!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:I'm slowing down on the DIY projects also.

Sin-cerely,
Jimerooo

My reasons are more that I simply don't have any DIY projects to do. My living quarters are minimalistic and I don't want to add anything.

I could use being more handy. I can't really fix much around the house. DIY is less of a priority for me.

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Now,,, I think I'll grab my chain saw,, get in the car,, and see what kind of hell I can raise in the neighborhood.. (fleeeeeeeeeeeee)

[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:I could use being more handy. I can't really fix much around the house. DIY is less of a priority for me.

That fella has less brain cells than me!!!

I wonder if he is single & available (big grin)............
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:That fella has less brain cells than me!!!

I wonder if he is single & available (big grin)............

I dunno. The front bushes seem perfectly cut. Maybe he does know what he's doing Rofl
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]