Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Japanese speakers on here:
[MENTION=23369]Boaxy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15656]Sylph[/MENTION] are always typing shit in Japanese. Maybe they can help?

I know someone here who is studying Japanese, maybe he can help. I sent him a message to check out your thread, Emiliano.

いいこと mean good thing. やる気 mean motivation. so maybe the whole sentence is "had a motivation is a good things" 出て来た usually mean you go out, so I think that combine with motivation mean having a motivation. it just my translate, it may not be right [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION]

shirogane Wrote:いいこと mean good thing. やる気 mean motivation. so maybe the whole sentence is "had a motivation is a good things" 出て来た usually mean you go out, so I think that combine with motivation mean having a motivation. it just my translate, it may not be right [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION]

So, basically, it the same thing as a fortune cookie, only on a fan?

What made me so curious about what it said is that next to writing it's a drawing of a bloody, dead fish.... So I'm still a little puzzled.

[Image: 95mcUqJ.jpg]

At least that's how it looks to me.

I'm not complaining though, this fan has been helpful in the depths of hell that is the subway system the past couple days.

it just a drawing style, the red and black dot usually appear on koi fish [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION]

shirogane Wrote:it just a drawing style, the red and black dot usually appear on koi fish [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION]

That makes more sense then.

Boaxy Wrote:Sorry I been having work issues and I haven't been on gs for a while. Wish I could have seen this thread earlier.

I'm going to attempt to translate this.

That is a lovely picture by the way. So nice of that person to give you that.

Nobody ever gives me shit or anything. People just run away from me and call me faggot on the street.

This was probably an older gentleman based on the way some of the katakana/hiragana and kanji are written.

Please note, that I am not Japanese by any means. I am African American and I learn textbook Japanese so slang and that other stuff I can't help you with. but people have asked me on this thread to translate this so I will.

[Image: GdlWUw1.jpg]

Sentence 1.

いいこと
(I koto)
Means many things depending on the context. [Good thing] or [It's ok] or [It's alright] etc.

Sentence 2.

あつた
(Atsuta)
Means in this context, [I take note of this], [this has been filed in my memory], maybe even [I"ll remember this always] etc.

Sentence 3.

やる気が
(Yaruki Ga)
Means [motivate], [motivation], [you are a motivated person], [you are an inspiration] etc.

Now with this last sentence, it's takes a completely different turn and I'm sure the guy who gave it to you had positive intentions, maybe in westernized standards this sentence seems kinda creepy. I don't know.

出て林た
(Dete Hayashita)
This basically means [It was (I had) a nice time we had at the forest], or [Let's go out to the forest again], [It is (I am) out at the forest]

Perhaps something to do with nature with the fish in the picture.

On the bottom left corner is

(Wa)
Basically, [I], [Me]. Like a signature.

So it's basically saying, [I had a good time, and I'm feeling ok. I'll remember it always. You are an inspiration and motivate me. Let's go to the forest sometime soon.]

Again I'm not fluent in Japanese, nor am I native Japanese or an older generation of Japanese who probably gave you this fan.

Hope this helps.

Boaxy, now you're going to start rumors that I take old Japanese men into the woods in return for gifts.

It says:

"White men are silly"

Lol just kidding.