Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the love of weed
Eh, I think it all comes down to what you believe the government should be able to enforce. Personally, I see cannabis as no less health damaging than eating mcdonalds cheeseburgers, but at the end of the day, it all comes down to what the government can get out of it. I was surprised to a point, when recreational use of marijuana was legalized here in WA, but at the same time, I wasn't, because once everything is in place, they're going to make a ton of money out of it.

Regardless of that though, I personally feel it should be up the person as to what they do with their own body. I really don't see how smoking pot or drinking booze is any different that loading up on fast food and creating potential health risks, though realistically, smoking weed every now and then is probably less dangerous than either of those.

ALL drugs have positive and negative effects. Alcohol is a drug as well and, as far as effects, is much more detrimental than marijuana. We also have legalized morphine and codeine and derivatives in our society, drugs with proven side-effects hundreds of times worse than cannabis. Yet Vicodin, oxycodone, and morphine sulfate are widely available and completely legal. Sorry, but that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Pot should be legalized because of the positive effects it would have on our society. Legalizing it would virtually eliminate the illegal market overnight, robbing drug cartels and criminal elements from a valuable cash flow source.

Pot is not "bad". Pot is not "good". Like everything else in this world, how we humans use a product determines that product's worth. But a plant cannot be ethically or morally wrong. Only WE can use it that way. But the government should have no business telling me what I can or can't put into MY body, or what I can grow on my own land, or what I use to treat my aches and pains! The laws dealing with marijuana use are ridiculous and are crippling economies and societies around the world. (Do you know how many people are incarcerated right now for having a plant in their possession? A friggin' PLANT for God's sake!)

Personally, I never touch marijuana because one positive,random drug test would risk my job and my professional licensure. But if it were legal, well, I may not smoke the stuff but I would definitely be enjoying some marijuana-laced baked goods in the privacy of my own home.

(PS- Prostitution should be legalized as well! The government needs to get their creepy, over-reaching hands off of and out of our bodies and our bedrooms. End of story.)

Krupt Wrote:There are alcoholics that are exactly the same, sometimes worse, but there is a big difference between being a drinker/pot smoker and being an abuser.

I'm a recovered alcohol and drug abuser through my teens and most of my 20's and my father is an alcoholic.

Pot abuse can lead to psychosis, but alcoholism can lead to just as much damage as pot so by logics there should be arguements banning alcohol just as much as there are arguements to legalise pot.

Pot and Piss are exactly the same thing as far as I am concerned.

True, but pot has more substantial side effects.
Being from the southern USA, it is not uncommon to work with alcoholics, which I have done most of my life.
I was around pot heads because of my sister (she even dealt for a while), and noticed that even though there are mostly the same effects, alcoholics are still more capable than pot heads.

From what Ive seen, pot makes you just plain stupid.
Alcohol just makes you forgetful.

But thats what Ive seen and have worked around.

Lalo Wrote:ALL drugs have positive and negative effects. Alcohol is a drug as well and, as far as effects, is much more detrimental than marijuana. We also have legalized morphine and codeine and derivatives in our society, drugs with proven side-effects hundreds of times worse than cannabis. Yet Vicodin, oxycodone, and morphine sulfate are widely available and completely legal. Sorry, but that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Pot should be legalized because of the positive effects it would have on our society. Legalizing it would virtually eliminate the illegal market overnight, robbing drug cartels and criminal elements from a valuable cash flow source.

Pot is not "bad". Pot is not "good". Like everything else in this world, how we humans use a product determines that product's worth. But a plant cannot be ethically or morally wrong. Only WE can use it that way. But the government should have no business telling me what I can or can't put into MY body, or what I can grow on my own land, or what I use to treat my aches and pains! The laws dealing with marijuana use are ridiculous and are crippling economies and societies around the world. (Do you know how many people are incarcerated right now for having a plant in their possession? A friggin' PLANT for God's sake!)

Personally, I never touch marijuana because one positive,random drug test would risk my job and my professional licensure. But if it were legal, well, I may not smoke the stuff but I would definitely be enjoying some marijuana-laced baked goods in the privacy of my own home.

(PS- Prostitution should be legalized as well! The government needs to get their creepy, over-reaching hands off of and out of our bodies and our bedrooms. End of story.)

Its not the fact that anyone cares about what you put into your body...
its the facts of the results of what happens to OTHERS when you put this stuff in your body.

Alcohol (drunk) = such issues as driving recklessly and killing people.

Pot/Week (getting high) = such issues as complete lethargy and apathetic, leading to things like thinking its funny to spit in somebody's food, or put drain cleaner in their milkshake.

I like the smell, but I never tried it. Somehow, I've never been interested.

I have no problem accepting that long time smoking influences health and mental health.
Not long ago though, I heard that smoking (even one time) can trigger some brain problems. I can't find it though. Anybody knows something more about it?

The study said that it simply worked as a trigger, not that one joint would do so much damage on itself.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Its not the fact that anyone cares about what you put into your body...
its the facts of the results of what happens to OTHERS when you put this stuff in your body.

Alcohol (drunk) = such issues as driving recklessly and killing people.

Pot/Week (getting high) = such issues as complete lethargy and apathetic, leading to things like thinking its funny to spit in somebody's food, or put drain cleaner in their milkshake.

Hmmm...I assure you that nothing happens to anyone else when I eat a piece of brownie or cookie. What DOES happen.....the pain I have disappears within a 1/2 hour completely and is replaced by what feels like a dreamy deep tissue massage...

The pills are much worse in terms of effectiveness and side effects.

If someone thinks it is funny to spit in someone's food or put drain cleaner in their milkshake they have far more serious pre existing problems.

Nuff said... Lol. Listen to what he's saying (the none patois parts for your slow ears lolz).

Basically, Weed, as every other plant, comes from the earth and to some people god, so how people to choose to use and/or abuse it is on them, but Weed itself is not bad.

He talks about how it can help people too and just cause it can cause bad side affects, doesn't make it a bad thing. People make the bad decisions, so it's on them.

And I agree. It comes from nature and although I personally dislike it, doesn't mean I find weed a bad thing, only how people use it and what's been done over it.

Legalize it, there's too many people in jail for possession of it anyway.

Kiid Wrote:WHAT DO YOU GET TOUGHT ABOUT WEED AT SCHOOL?

This is what I got taught.
I got taught that it gives you psychosis and extreme paranoia and it was a 'gate way' drug and they never told me it was a magical door into my own mind.
Weed has taught me lots about others and about myself. It taught me about perception and how others perceive me.

After being forced to watch an anti-drug propaganda vid that was like that and worse (one scene was a guy driving down a hill who stops his car, having "lost all motivation," and walks away while his car then continues down the hill to crash) we were asked if there were any questions. There was an unspoken rule in nearly all my classes that they let me read or write (when they didn't anyone else) and I didn't ask questions, but once in a blue moon I forgot, and this was one such time. I asked if drugs destroyed all motivation like that then why did the kids joining many extracurriculars and about to be put on the honor roll have to be tested for drugs?

It was an honest question, I thought it was nonsense of course but couldn't see how they even pretended to believe it, and my class broke out laughing, and I got sent to the office (where I was reminded school isn't for asking questions). The other kids loved it and, of course, the teachers (there were 2) never answered it.

OTOH, drugs were much more honest to me. I took shrooms when I was 14 that made me realize I loved learning and hated school, and pondering why I realized because school wasted so much of my time I could've better spent in a library or with a mentor (IOW, unschooling, which I started doing at 17 and learned more in a single year than over a decade of public schooling, especially as I taught myself to read, multiply, etc, before the school did). A teacher later told me that about how lesson plans were made for the average and I was so above average that the plans for everyone else was too slow and boring for me, which of course added to the friction between me and teachers (as bored children tend to act out, especially when we finish our assignments so much faster than everyone else).

So with that in mind, Schools 0, Drugs 1. Wink :tongue:

MisterTinkles Wrote:True, but pot has more substantial side effects.
Being from the southern USA, it is not uncommon to work with alcoholics, which I have done most of my life.
I was around pot heads because of my sister (she even dealt for a while), and noticed that even though there are mostly the same effects, alcoholics are still more capable than pot heads.

From what Ive seen, pot makes you just plain stupid.
Alcohol just makes you forgetful.

But thats what Ive seen and have worked around.

Actually, if you look into the long term effects of both alcohol and weed use, you find that the health risks associated with alcohol are far higher than those associated with pot.
Further, there are a LOT more men out there who get drunk and beat up on their wife and/or kids. Pot heads just eat a lot and then go to sleep.
I don't smoke it myself, but if an adult choose do do so in the privacy of his or her own home, that is their business.
However, when our government spends 300 million dollars prosecuting medical marihpjuana growers in states that have legalized it, it becomes my business! IF THE STATES LEGALIZE IT---LEAVE IT ALONE AND STOP WASTING TAX PAYER MONEY!