Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the love of weed
Hey it's not like you can rise to the office of presidency if you've ever smoked pot, right?

(Oopsie!
)

It has medical benefits, it's prohibition is closely tied to the alcohol and tobacco lobby throwing off the last shackles of sentiment for the 18th amendment, as well as racism, and seems to be a funkier alternative to alcohol. Legalize the damn plant already and stop the drug war.

Besides, it helps drive big business - Taco Bell wouldn't be open to 2 a.m. or later, Willie Nelson and Snoop Dogg would never have collobarated, and Seth Rogen wouldn't have the same box office success as he's had.

Oh weed, you make so many worlds go round!

lilitu Wrote:i don't support legalisation of cannabis, because i personally don't see how tipping the status quo in that direction might improve society.

destroy society!!!

Krupt Wrote:too late, someone has already done it Smile

I wish it was me that did cos then I'd be the richest!

MisterTinkles Wrote:Its not the fact that anyone cares about what you put into your body...
its the facts of the results of what happens to OTHERS when you put this stuff in your body.

Alcohol (drunk) = such issues as driving recklessly and killing people.

Pot/Week (getting high) = such issues as complete lethargy and apathetic, leading to things like thinking its funny to spit in somebody's food, or put drain cleaner in their milkshake.

My partner and I have Happy Hour every night. We usually have a martini and sit and discuss the day or current events. It is very civil. We don't drink to get drunk. And neither of us drives after drinking. I don't know anyone in our circle who would. But because there are people who abuse alcohol and who act irresponsibly means that I should not be allowed to drink?

Before becoming a nurse, I used to smoke pot. It was an occasional, generally social pastime which I enjoyed in my own home or at a friend's house. It never caused me to "...spit in somebody's food, or put drain cleaner in their milkshake" or any other such thing. Quite frankly, I don't buy the excuse that pot or alcohol can ever cause you to do something that is not within your soul! These substances loosen inhibitions only, they don't make you do something that is completely alien to the person. That's kind of a cop-out.

If the guideline for legality is whether or not someone abuses the object, then here is a list of other things that are frequently abused in our society and should therefore be outlawed:
Money, Power, Fast Food, Food in General, Sugary Sodas, Caffeine, Energy Drinks, Diet sodas, Driving A Car, Car Stereos, Sex, ...and the list goes on and on.

I am sorry for your personal experiences with your sister. But those experiences are YOUR experiences and there are multiple factors affecting how she handled her life and her use of marijuana. Applying that scenario to all people is not realistic.

EVERY object/thing/substance has the potential for abuse. But we can't outlaw life, nor should we try.

Krupt Wrote:Alcohol makes you leave your children in the house on their own when you are supposed to be babysitting because the Pub is preferable to your own children.

Alcohol makes you gamble and leave your wife and 2 sons on the street because you have gambled and drunk your wages away and not paid the mortgage for 14 months.

Alcohol ruins kidney's and liver.

Alcohol dehydrates and shrinks the brain damaging various brain functions, anything from cognition to concentration as well as functions such as sight and hearing.

Alcohol plays havok with diabetes.

Alcohol detaches you from your emotions and distances you from those that love you.

A drug is a drug weather it be legal or illicit and no drugs have better or worse side effects because one of the side effects of any drug is DEATH when used in a manner that it is not intended to be used, IE abused.

Heck, even Asprin can kill you, but used responsibly it can help you. Alcohol and pot when used responsibly ALSO has benefits.

There are a LOT of men who become abusive when they drink alcohol.

Lalo Wrote:Before becoming a nurse, I used to smoke pot. It was an occasional, generally social pastime which I enjoyed in my own home or at a friend's house. It never caused me to "...spit in somebody's food, or put drain cleaner in their milkshake" or any other such thing. Quite frankly, I don't buy the excuse that pot or alcohol can ever cause you to do something that is not within your soul! These substances loosen inhibitions only, they don't make you do something that is completely alien to the person. That's kind of a cop-out.

I think that they can make people do things completely alien to them person. I think that these substances can change people radically and forever sometimes. Also I think that there is good and bad in both, defiantly more good in weed that alcohol from my point of view.