Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the nerds! :D
Hey guys, allot of the people I once talked to are no longer here so Id like to re-get to know some people Smile!
Do we have any computer nerds/anime geeks/gamers in tha house?
Any MTG players/board game players/tabletop players?
Anyone hardcore into PVP/RTS/RP etc?
Favorite kind of movies/shows/books?
Anything you want to share that would be of entertainment genre? Big Grin

For me Im pretty heavy into computers as im a cs major math minor I really enjoy most all things and im very open minded, tried most things once therefor I can play most anything but RTS style games are my favorite! I have played some tabletop games but due to the cost involved I usually avoid them unless a friend needs another player or something and Ill take over for a limited time Big Grin that said I usually avoid MMORPGS due to the time involvement Tongue.

I dont have allot of time to play video games but I do jump into allot, one game I have played since 06 is EVE online (I have a sci fi addiction). Since I rarely devote time to them and since I play a ton of different games, I pretty well suck at them all ^_^.
I played MTG allot in the past but have not for a few years, thinking about getting back into it ^_^, I read on occasion, sci fi>horror>fantasy>mystery>everything else Tongue.
Anime's I watch allot, just started One Piece due to a friends recommendation and three day Martin Luther king weekend.

Anyways hoping to get to know a few more "nerds" so ill have some other guys to "nerd out" with on occasion Tongue.

I love Anime, mainly the old school type from the late 80's and early 90's.

I like playing computer games, but I am not very good at them I spend most of my time getting shot at and killed, LOL.

I love sci-fi and movies, so get me talking about those and you will never shut me up. Big Grin

I played alot of WoW. After I quit I tried WildStar and Elder Scrolls Online. WildStar was ugly, challenging and really unrewarding. Elder Scrolls was unchallenging, amazingly pretty and pretty unrewarding too.
You wanna feel the epic boost your strength, you know? WildStar and Elder Scrolls epics didn't do much. To be honest you couldn't really tell a difference if you unequipped several items, epic or otherwise.
Yawn

Nerd enough? ^_^

I don't like RTS games, because I suck at them. I like to be good. So nowadays I play Smite, League of Legends, Battlefield 4, Heroes of Newerth, Heroes of the Storm and I'm ashamed to admit it; Hearthstone.
Oh and Diablo 3 ROS! Impatiently waiting for the next season to start.

I love old RPGs like the Final Fantasy and Suikoden series for SNES, PS1, and PS2. I have spent many contented evenings camped out in front of my game system, lost in whichever world I was currently playing.

I don't know if it's nerdy or just plain silly, but I also really like animated movies, especially Disney. The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast are my favorites of all, but also I think recent releases like Wreck-it Ralph and Frozen are excellent, too.

I'm a big fan of comic strips; my current faves are Depression Comix and Scandinavia and the World.

My sister has been a big Eve fan for years. She actually met her boyfriend on there, from halfway around the world. Now she lives over there with him.

SilverBullet Wrote:Hey guys, allot of the people I once talked to are no longer here so Id like to re-get to know some people Smile!
Do we have any computer nerds/anime geeks/gamers in tha house?
Any MTG players/board game players/tabletop players?
Anyone hardcore into PVP/RTS/RP etc?
Favorite kind of movies/shows/books?
Anything you want to share that would be of entertainment genre? Big Grin

For me Im pretty heavy into computers as im a cs major math minor I really enjoy most all things and im very open minded, tried most things once therefor I can play most anything but RTS style games are my favorite! I have played some tabletop games but due to the cost involved I usually avoid them unless a friend needs another player or something and Ill take over for a limited time Big Grin that said I usually avoid MMORPGS due to the time involvement Tongue.

I dont have allot of time to play video games but I do jump into allot, one game I have played since 06 is EVE online (I have a sci fi addiction). Since I rarely devote time to them and since I play a ton of different games, I pretty well suck at them all ^_^.
I played MTG allot in the past but have not for a few years, thinking about getting back into it ^_^, I read on occasion, sci fi>horror>fantasy>mystery>everything else Tongue.
Anime's I watch allot, just started One Piece due to a friends recommendation and three day Martin Luther king weekend.

Anyways hoping to get to know a few more "nerds" so ill have some other guys to "nerd out" with on occasion Tongue.

not sure if this relates, but i do have a nerdy interest in learning languages and i can go right into it.. how else did i get to be so good at english???

Nanaki Wrote:I love old RPGs like the Final Fantasy and Suikoden series for SNES, PS1, and PS2. I have spent many contented evenings camped out in front of my game system, lost in whichever world I was currently playing.

I like final fantasy too. I'm also like chrono trigger and chrono cross. Oh, and Persona is not bad. 1syellow1

shirogane Wrote:I like final fantasy too. I'm also like chrono trigger and chrono cross. Oh, and Persona is not bad. 1syellow1

I loved Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross! Both had such great stories. And it was nice to see the monsters onscreen and maybe avoid them instead of having them randomly hit you.

I'm not familiar with Persona though. I'll have to look up that one online.

The Lunar series is another that stands out for me. The games themselves were kind of small and straightforward, but the writing and dialogue were brilliant.

Showing my age, and ignorance: what is MTG, please ?

princealbertofb Wrote:Showing my age, and ignorance: what is MTG, please ?

Magic: The Gathering

It's a card/collecting game type of thing. Only thing I remember of it is it being too complicated for me to ever bother with.

I was one of those dumb nerds who could barely keep up with D&D, and could hardly handle the controls of the Intellivision. Anything beyond that was simply outside my abilities. Smile

Lex