Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those of you who are in the closet - what would you answer?
What do you say if somebody asks you what kind of women you like? Do you lie/make up something? Or maybe just don't answer?

I'm only out to the people who are close to me and I want it to stay that way. However I do get this question asked often from both males and females. I always get uncomfortable, never know what to answer and usually end up with brief answer that I like all kinds or just change topic fast.

As for me, I do have kind of women that I like (though I'm gay), so I will answer it right away.
But I think the best answer for those who is still in the closet is: "I'm not picky" :p.

Just say, I like Madonna, Robyn, Adele, and Lady Gaga- those kind of ladies.

Well, I'm bisexual, so i guess i have an advantage in that i don't really have to lie per say, but if i was completely gay, i would just lie about or make something up

If someone asked me what kind of women I like, I'd say that I like women who are intelligent, have a lot of interests, are easy going, have a great sense of humor and a decent amount of common sense. Which is the truth.

I don't have any sexual interest in them, but I like them because they make great friends...

I am 35 and still in the closet i always say i dont know and pick a girl I heard is beautiful

I'm 48, and I think most can't be bothered to ask me anymore. The only trouble I run into is when friends try to set me up...ugh, that can be problematic. Thankfully, I work too much, so I usually have a good excuse for why I can't find the time to date. But I'm slowly running out of excuses!

For a while, I would respond "I like people that are". I used "people" in place of genders. After that phase, I just began to either A) find creative ways to hint that I'm into men or B) say I date men. All truths.

Edit: does these qualify as twisted liar?

I agree with Pyromancer 's theory ...I too have a lot of women who make advances towards me and although only those who are close to me knows about my sexual orientation ...I have lied and told females that I have a girlfriend. In fact, I know guys in the corporate world who are gay but wear engagement rings to fend off unwanted attention from females. Honestly...I am not open to share my sexual identity with anyone especially within the workplace due to the fact that homophobia is still very relevant and I work too hard to obtain the success that I've achieved thus far in order to let my sexuality be a factor in cock blocking advancement in the workplace.

I remember when I was in my 20's and I was working in a record store. I was in a long distance relationship with a guy that was going to school in Alabama. He called me up at work and told me to play a song in the store and that was his dedication to me. At that time I was still in the closet and all of my staff thought I was seeing a girl long distance. I opened the requested cassette and told the guys at work what I was doing. I played it loud! It was the" Scorpions - No one like You" It became pretty clear I was either lying about my sexuality or dating some crazy tough chick. Lol! So, I would have to say that you like strong women (haha)