Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who ask about finding love while staying in the closet
JimmyEcho Wrote:This is sad, there was this cool guy at the pub we hung out at.
He got into a car accident and was in the hospital. His family and straight friends new, but we didn't find out for 3 weeks. (I was kinda angry about this)

This reminded me of an ugly event that's just about the exact opposite.

A danged great guy I know who lives in "The South" posted last year on his blog that he was planning to go to the gay bars on Christmas Eve and take presents for all the people who were there and obviously didn't have family to spend it with. While out at the bars he met a good friend he hadn't seen in years. This friend was out that night, depressed because his family had found out he was gay and were treating him like crap. He also had stomach cancer that had spread and there wasn't much hope for him. He was "eating" through a tube into his stomach and a big syringe.

My friend invited him to spend the night at his house. After he went to sleep the guy with cancer opened his bag and got out drugs he'd been hoarding injected them through his stomach tube and committed suicide without a note. So Christmas morning my friend woke up and found a blue corpse on his futon.

He was arrested, charged with murder and because the dead guy's family was a big local name went through hell... lost his job... was slammed in newspapers and television and had his neighbors threatening him.

After about two months the maid of the dead guy's parents went to the police and told them the guy had left a suicide note at his parents house.... and that they had thrown it away to keep the world from finding out their son was gay.... by that time it all was dropped, my friend had lost everything and had to move to another state just to find work.... and he never got an apology from anyone.

There's no way to win with psycho homophobes.

That story makes me very sad and pissed at the same time.
I can't stand it, when our community is wrongly slammed like this.

JimmyEcho Wrote:That story makes me very sad and pissed at the same time.
I can't stand it, when our community is wrongly slammed like this.

And Jimmy.... you've figured me out enough to know I don't get mad about much... but this type stuff and the post about a kid baked in a car have me ready to scream. ... two different situations but... I'm going to have to work hard to get into my fun mode.

I see it from "the inside" through my job. Last year there was a 17 yr old boy who'd been raped and due to things he did afterwards was locked up. I heard a detective talking to the kid and say, "but you're a queer! Isn't that what you like?"

See the nasty box of snakes this opens up for me?