Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forbidden Song........
When I was in the closet I forbid myself from listening to the song It's Raining Men. I knew of the song since I was a little kid and I thought the song was to "Gay" for a straight person like myself to be listening too. I didnt want my secret to be found out or be accused of being gay. The first time I let myself listen to the song was last fall right after I came out of the closet at the age of 28. It feels good to not have to hide any more and being able to listen to whatever songs I want now without the fear of people thinking Im gay since they already know.

They used to hang out the window on Castro Street back in the 80s...they were Sylvesters back up girls and they first went solo as Two Tons of Fun. Sadly Izora died....they were great fun.

My forbidden song....Marianne Faithful...I had a bad attitude once when I was with this one guy....I think she was talking about Mick Jagger...not really sure..Actually..thanks to that guy and my bad attitude I had to rethink what fidelity and jealousy meant to me and I shed both so it's all good. :biggrin:

WARNING: This is raunchy if you are easily offended.

my dads ex wife was a fan of the group wham with george michael.
That was the gay music i wouldnt listen too. I still dont listen even though they are quite good

Marvinteck Wrote:When I was in the closet I forbid myself from listening to the song It's Raining Men. I knew of the song since I was a little kid and I thought the song was to "Gay" for a straight person like myself to be listening too. I didnt want my secret to be found out or be accused of being gay. The first time I let myself listen to the song was last fall right after I came out of the closet at the age of 28. It feels good to not have to hide any more and being able to listen to whatever songs I want now without the fear of people thinking Im gay since they already know.

i so love this song too. the first time i heard this was when i was in Highschool at immediately i thought to myself, 'gay anthem'..hehe.. though i prefer Diana Ross' "I will survive" as more decent but "It's Raining Men" is not bad either. it has that catching rythm to it that anyone, whether, gay straight or bi just wants to dance with the music.