Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foreskin behaviour
This might be a bit of a personal topic so feel free to stop reading now, but it's something I've wondered most of my life and not felt able to talk about so here it goes...

Guys with a foreskin - does it retract by itself when you have an erection? (i.e. without touching.) If it does, does it slip back up easily over the head (while still erect)?

I ask because mine doesn't. I don't think I have a particularly tight one; it comes back to sit behind the head if I pull the foreskin back, but of it's own accord, it stays up, with just the tip of the glans showing. Once it's back, it's difficult to pull it back over the head again without lubrication. While soft, it glides over and back easily.

It's supposed to go back. You're also supposed to be able to manually roll it back a bit when cleaning it, so you could manually roll it back if that's a problem - you say here you can. I do not have one -- they sound annoying because of problems like the one you're talking about here.

IF it's not painful either way, you should manually move it into the position most comfortable for you.

Mine retracts by itself, i dont think you have nothing to worry about though, at least you have a foreskin, its worse for people who havent. The foreskin is there for a reason.

It is supposed to be able to move smoothy back and forth when erect. Snug, a little, to night to move without lube no.

Sound like you have a degree of Phimosis. In your case a foreskin stretcher may be the best option.

Since there are a number of reasons this could be happening, you should discuss with your doctor this minor issue just to rule out a few potential conditions. One such potential issue is Balanitis which is to say inflammation of the glands (head).

From the wiki site potential causes of Balanitis are:

"Inflammation has many possible causes, including irritation by environmental substances, physical trauma, and infection by a wide variety of pathogens, including bacteria, virus, sexually transmitted diseases, or fungus—each of which require a particular treatment."

So its kinda important to rule out potential causes instead of automatically assuming you need to stretch it to compensate for a natural case of phimosis.

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't think I have any inflammation. It's been like this ever since puberty. I think it may be related to that my penis is quite long even when soft - it doesn't "grow" much when going into the up position, so I wonder if there isn't much tension to pull the skin back. This is why I am curious as to what other guy's experiences are with it.

I clean down there every day in the shower, it retracts easily when soft. I'm quite fastidious about that.

If it is sore, get circumcised - it will improve your pleasure.

I did 3 years ago and can vouch for it!

some other people cant, go and look at a thread made on gs a few months back, you shouldnt give sort of advice.

Thanks I'll have a look for that thread.

I don't want it removed - I like it (and like people with them - I guess it's a european thing). I'm not sure it's even a problem.

Chimpy Wrote:Guys with a foreskin - does it retract by itself when you have an erection? (i.e. without touching.) If it does, does it slip back up easily over the head (while still erect)?

I don't know what's with all the supposition in this thread. Mine is pretty much like yours. It does pull back part way when I get erect. If I pull it back all the way, it stays pretty much there until it gets soft again. With lubrication it moves back and forth freely. I've never paid that much attention. It seems to work about the same either way.

We all have differences - I don't think it's very important.