Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Fatigue
For those those of you who don't know of my existence, I've been on here for a while, not the biggest poster collectively, but I've had my moments... Anyhoo, it's been over a year of not really having the ability to post, and a lot has changed in my life, mostly for the better... so coming back the a "forum environment", I feel a little lost, or tired really... it's not the same experience for me anymore. I don't know if it's because I'm not logging on enough now, or perhaps, that I've grown past this refuge of mine keeping me sane in some way or another because it doesn't feel "safe" anymore. It's not that I'm completely sane now either, but just that maybe I'm past utilizing this safe haven... The same people don't post anymore, it's all different people of whom I don't "know" so maybe I feel like an outsider?....hmmmm :confused: mental diarrhea

It's kind of like coming back to school after summer break, yeah?

Some of the old kids are still here, some of the old kids moved on. And the new kids feel intimidating because.... well, they're new.

Familiarity is what breeds safety. Smile If you stick around, everything will over time become familiar again, and comfortable again. It just takes a bit of time.

I am pretty intimidating. I will take that as a compliment.

All a stranger is is a friend you haven't met yet. Smile

Awwwww you are not a outsider, think of this as a opportunity to get to know new people and make new friends.

Thanks for posting, Dreamer. I look forward to getting acquainted, should you decide to stay.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:It's kind of like coming back to school after summer break, yeah?

Some of the old kids are still here, some of the old kids moved on. And the new kids feel intimidating because.... well, they're new.

Familiarity is what breeds safety. Smile If you stick around, everything will over time become familiar again, and comfortable again. It just takes a bit of time.

Maybe a little like coming back for your high school reunion. The school seems smaller, and the
football captain/prom king has a disagreeable wife and a couple bratty kids.

But here on GS, us intimidating new kids are spelling it "intimidated"...one situation, two very different perspectives...which is what a discussion forum needs to be like...

dreamer, you're always welcome here!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!