Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Post Moderation?
So I've been trying to post a long post onto the forums' that I have copied and pasted so I don't lose it (If that makes a difference) all morning. Is there a restriction to how long they can be or will a long post take a while to be moderated? idk how it works..
Thanks

WillRugby Wrote:So I've been trying to post a long post onto the forums' that I have copied and pasted so I don't lose it (If that makes a difference) all morning. Is there a restriction to how long they can be or will a long post take a while to be moderated? idk how it works..
Thanks

Yes, there are some restrictions for newcomers. You might well have to wait for 50 posts before things get easier.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

What are these restrictions do you know?
Shame that I can't ask for your advice after joining the site for that reason..

WillRugby Wrote:What are these restrictions do you know?
Shame that I can't ask for your advice after joining the site for that reason..

Until you reach 50 posts, there's a delay in your posts appearing because they need to be moderated. It can take from a few hours to a day for your post to appear.

This is done for our protection, to weed out trolls and troublemakers. Compared to other such forums, this is relatively troll-free. I know that people get impatient with the restriction, but it makes me feel safe.

Ah ok thanks for that Smile I understand that its to prevent trolls - and I guess I am being impatient Smile
Thanks both - Now to just wait for it to upload.. I maybe tried to upload it a couple of times.. uh oh.
:/

Go to the word games. Post 50 times. Issue solved.

WillRugby Wrote:Ah ok thanks for that Smile I understand that its to prevent trolls - and I guess I am being impatient Smile
Thanks both - Now to just wait for it to upload.. I maybe tried to upload it a couple of times.. uh oh.
:/
A suggestion, Will : cut up your long long post into 50 morsels and feed them bit by bit over your next posts... Since you've intelligently saved your long post, it shouldn't be a problem. You'll then have tallied the number required to start posting more freely (so even if all of the posts have to be moderated, it'll speed up access to full membership).