Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Sinatra
dont laugh at me if im completly wrong, but did he not sing new york new york?, if so the mans a ledgend Smile

You're right Robertson, he did indeed, and (Nick might just die here, but I'll run the risk) I personally think his music and his personality were incredible both.

Many a memorable night spent drinking Red and making pasta dishes with my mam to the unforgettable sound of Mack the Knife will stay with me for a while.

Ky xxx

thx bazz, just got in from my night out aand love that u posted that link, ill tall you the reason i like it marsh when i sober up, i love my friends and we had a fun time so i'l l chat later

When i think back on the happy times of my child hood i here frank sinatra..... my mum listened to him, my gran loved him and my grandad knows more about him than anyone!! lol His voice is awsome and i love the music. I thinks it funny though that i can listen to Franky then next song some dance beat comes on and maybe next song is bagpipes Tongue i cant beleive the broadness of my taste in music, but no matter what Frank will always be my number one.

That link was just for you matty Wink xxxx

Robertson Wrote:dont laugh at me if im completly wrong, but did he not sing new york new york?, if so the mans a ledgend Smile
Quite right you are, Robertson, the man did sing it.... Now I would suggest the rather good interpretation that Liza Minnelli gave in the film of the same name (film by Martin Scorsese). I'll have to see if I can find it on YouTube, surely I can...

but Frank also sang this other New york New York with Gene Kelly in On The Town

and another version with Luciano PAVAROTTI

Invasion

Listen at your own risk ONLY.... :eek: :eek: :eek: (This is NOT the real thing, sadly!!!)

Does anyone know this one...Very 1980s. Would that make it to the top of the dancing charts? I don't think so, somehow...

Disembedded so click the link

Here's another 1980s one that I thought somewhat better... No embedding so take the link from here.

And since we're on the subject of Liza, here's a little interview she gave in Paris recently... Here's what she likes about the French. Confusedmile: Can you detect in her voice the accents of her mom, Judy Garland? ... It's uncanny... but only natural, of course.

Liza also remembers Michael Jackson::